ghia
Re: /notifications.php - Error: No Module is loaded
  • 2009/12/3 14:43

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Didn't notice this one:
Quote:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sf_collapsablebar() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/mongeese/hififorum.co.uk/modules/catads/include/functions.php:609) in /hsphere/local/home/mongeese/hififorum.co.uk/modules/smartfaq/include/functions.php on line 570
Seems catads is colliding with smartfaq and making a double definition on sf_collapsablebar

Trabis, is this also a core bug, that these modules aren't separated enough anymore?

trabis
  • 2009/12/3 18:16

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

ghia wrote:
Trabis, is this also a core bug, that these modules aren't separated enough anymore?

No, that is module bug! Catads should prefix functions with catads_ not with sf_. I suppose catads copied that function from smartfaq.

trabis
  • 2009/12/3 18:24

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

This error:
Fatal errorCall to a member function getVar() on a non-object in /hsphere/local/home/mongeese/hififorum.co.uk/modules/catads/include/notification.inc.php on line 45

I suposed you have removed one ad but the related notification(s) remained on the database. Catads should have removed notification when ad was deleted.
You can open notification.inc.php and add this line:
$ads_handler =& xoops_getmodulehandler('ads''catads');
$ads $ads_handler->get($item_id);
if(!
is_object($ads)) return null//add this one

fishspon
  • 2009/12/4 11:11

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/23

Thanks for all the help, people!

I have now substituted "sf_collapsableBar" with "catads_collapsableBar" throughout the catads module, and added the line suggested above.

Both the module pages and the notifications page now work!

However, I still don't know how catads ever got released in this state... i can only imagine it simply wasn't tested whatsoever!

Is there any way I can point the developer at this forum thread so these now-known bugs can get fixed?

Thanks again!

ghia
  • 2009/12/4 11:22

• ghia

Yes, see xoops_version.php for the details.

fishspon
  • 2009/12/4 19:00

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/23

Thanks for that

I'm having more problems though, I'm afraid... it seems that this version of the catads module really has never, ever been tested...

The current problem is that half the images don't work, viewing the adverts doesn't work and regardless of which catads link my users click (from within the catads module), they just get "Permission denied" for all pages other than the catads module front page itself!

Would someone mine registering on my site and taking a look?http://www.hififorum.co.uk/

I appreciate you may not want to register on yet another site, but I am happy to delete your user afterwards, and I certainly won't be spamming you.

On a side note, I also have a situation where nobody can view my user profile (I'm user ID 1, of course). How can i solve that?

One of my users has mentioned that he is unable to send PMs unless he replies as well, which is kinda annoying! lol

Thanks again, people - your assistance is appreciated

ghia
  • 2009/12/5 1:04

• ghia

The 404 error when clicking links, might be because the URL rewriting is not working. URL is eg /Petites-annonces/annonce127-atc-sia-150-mk1-or-2-krell-kav-300i-or-similar-output-wise/
Do you use other kinds of URL rewrinting for other modules?
Is URL rewriting active on the site?
I believe there is a setting to disable it (.htaccess must also be removed or renamed?)?
In the home page in the latest ads block, the links are without URL rewriting (/modules/catads/adsitem.php?ads_id=127) and they work.

For the no permission, check if there are settings for permissions to the categories in the module. Watch out for possible chaining. Access to a subcategory will probably be denied if the parents have not the right for the targetted user group..

Your user account fields as webmaster must be made visible in the profile module - fields - visibility (/modules/profile/admin/visibility.php).

About the PM, more info is needed about the steps that are done.

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits