ghia
Re: /notifications.php - Error: No Module is loaded
  • 2009/12/3 10:48

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Bug with notifications ( When the user asked to be notified trough email, no mails were sent.).

fishspon
  • 2009/12/3 11:21

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/23

OK... thank you very much for the advice, people - I think I am now closer to a solution (although I'm not quite there yet).

Upgrading to 1.52 has fixed the notifications page, but now the module itself gives a blank page:http://www.hififorum.co.uk/modules/catads/

I uploaded the catads files over the old ones, removed any that weren't part of the new version, ran the update in the "Modules" admin section, and visited the above URL.

Any ideas what to try next?

Note that the admin side works fine (a few HTML coding errors, but I can work around those), and the block on the web site homepage works fine too. It's just the module itself.

Thanks again!

fishspon
  • 2009/12/3 11:26

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

actually, sorry, people... /notifications.php still doesn't work!

It did work momentarily, but doesn't work again now. All i did to break it again was purge some ads that had expired over 30 days ago.

Useful output still present:http://www.hififorum.co.uk/notifications.php

So now the notifications page *and* the module itself are down! lol

ghia
  • 2009/12/3 11:33

• ghia

What PHP version do you have?
Any messages with debug?

fishspon
  • 2009/12/3 12:16

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

PHP Version - 5.2.10

From "/modules/catads/":

Quote:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sf_collapsablebar() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/mongeese/hififorum.co.uk/modules/catads/include/functions.php:609) in /hsphere/local/home/mongeese/hififorum.co.uk/modules/smartfaq/include/functions.php on line 570
None All Errors (14) Queries (43) Blocks (14) Extra (2) Timers(4)
Errors
Notice: Use of undefined constant _MI_CATADS_BNAME5 - assumed '_MI_CATADS_BNAME5' in file /modules/catads/xoops_version.php line 229
Notice: Use of undefined constant _MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFY - assumed '_MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFY' in file /modules/catads/xoops_version.php line 702
Notice: Use of undefined constant _MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFYCAP - assumed '_MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFYCAP' in file /modules/catads/xoops_version.php line 703
Notice: Use of undefined constant _MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFYDSC - assumed '_MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFYDSC' in file /modules/catads/xoops_version.php line 704
Notice: Use of undefined constant _MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFYSBJ - assumed '_MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFYSBJ' in file /modules/catads/xoops_version.php line 706
Warning: MyTextSanitizer::makeTboxData4Show is deprecated in file /class/module.textsanitizer.php line 784
Warning: MyTextSanitizer::makeTboxData4Show is deprecated in file /class/module.textsanitizer.php line 784

From "/notifications.php":

Quote:
mylinks_notify_iteminfo newbb_notify_iteminfo news_notify_iteminfo myalbum_notify_iteminfo smartfaq_notify_iteminfo catads_notify_iteminfo Fatal error: Call to a member function getVar() on a non-object in /hsphere/local/home/mongeese/hififorum.co.uk/modules/catads/include/notification.inc.php on line 45
None All Errors (6) Queries (141) Blocks (0) Extra (2) Timers(3)
Errors
Notice: Use of undefined constant _MI_CATADS_BNAME5 - assumed '_MI_CATADS_BNAME5' in file /modules/catads/xoops_version.php line 229
Notice: Use of undefined constant _MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFY - assumed '_MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFY' in file /modules/catads/xoops_version.php line 702
Notice: Use of undefined constant _MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFYCAP - assumed '_MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFYCAP' in file /modules/catads/xoops_version.php line 703
Notice: Use of undefined constant _MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFYDSC - assumed '_MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFYDSC' in file /modules/catads/xoops_version.php line 704
Notice: Use of undefined constant _MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFYSBJ - assumed '_MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFYSBJ' in file /modules/catads/xoops_version.php line 706
Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file /modules/catads/class/ads.php line 134

Thanks again!

ghia
  • 2009/12/3 13:31

• ghia

Seems some translations did not make it from the original French to English:

/modules/catads/language/english/modinfo.php
define("_MI_CATADS_BNAME5","Advanced search");

And the following where not defined at all in any language. I assume:
define("_MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFY""Edit ad");       
define("_MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFYCAP""Notification when there is a new edit to this ad.");                           
define("_MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFYDSC""Be notified when this ad is modified.");                
define("_MI_CATADS_ADS_EDIT_NOTIFYSBJ""[{X_SITENAME}] {X_MODULE} auto-notify : Ad modification");

fishspon
  • 2009/12/3 13:57

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks for that... those problem now seem to be solved, but the others remain unsolved...

How this was ever released as a version I will never know, but I'm sure i'll like it again once it's working!

From "http://www.hififorum.co.uk/modules/catads/":

Quote:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare sf_collapsablebar() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/mongeese/hififorum.co.uk/modules/catads/include/functions.php:609) in /hsphere/local/home/mongeese/hififorum.co.uk/modules/smartfaq/include/functions.php on line 570
None All Errors (9) Queries (43) Blocks (14) Extra (2) Timers(4)
Errors

From "http://www.hififorum.co.uk/notifications.php":

Quote:
mylinks_notify_iteminfo newbb_notify_iteminfo news_notify_iteminfo myalbum_notify_iteminfo smartfaq_notify_iteminfo catads_notify_iteminfo Fatal error: Call to a member function getVar() on a non-object in /hsphere/local/home/mongeese/hififorum.co.uk/modules/catads/include/notification.inc.php on line 45
None All Errors (1) Queries (141) Blocks (0) Extra (2) Timers(3)
Errors
Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file /modules/catads/class/ads.php line 134

Thanks again for your help - it is really appreciated!

fishspon
  • 2009/12/3 14:00

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

also, interestingly, those "MyTextSanitizer" lines seem to appear on every single page of my site! The site does work as a whole, but they *may* not be directly related to catads.

Please do feel free to have a browse around my site - i have debug turned on for the time being...

fishspon
  • 2009/12/3 14:02

• fishspon

• Not too shy to talk

Also, I don't know whether it's relevant or not, but the homepage of my site (http://www.hififorum.co.uk/ ) has 68 errors with debug mode turned on! It displays just fine, but 68 errors seems ridiculous!

Is this normal??

trabis
  • 2009/12/3 14:16

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

ghia wrote:
Why should it make a difference?

If the second argument is not set, the actual module directory is used, in this case catads.
And is it also not recommended to leave it open, when the module is clonable?

This is a callback function and it is called from notifications.php which belongs to no module. If the second argument is not set you will not get catads, you get a blank page.

Regarding cloning: If you cannot explicit the name catads you can always use basename(dirname(dirname(__FILE__))) to get the modules dirname.

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits