xuanyuu
Open file on the same site
  • 2009/9/28 7:39

• xuanyuu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/8/15

Dear guys,
i am using WF-Download for my website, and everytime the user want to view the file, they need to download it.
is there any way or other module that i can use to just direct open the file without downloading?
e.g they want to view a .pdf file, when they click on the file name, the page will display the file.
please advice. thanks.

ghia
Re: Open file on the same site
  • 2009/9/28 9:51

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Viewing pdf files at the user side is a question of this users his settings in the browser.
Mosttimes this will download pdf (or any other kind of non HTML stuff as eg doc, etc.) files.
There is no way to force the user to have it displayed in his browser window.
You can only be sure that it get displayed if you provide the content as HTML (eventually via a server side convertor).

xuanyuu
Re: Online key in data
  • 2009/9/30 2:15

• xuanyuu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/8/15

Thanks Ghia,
now i have another question. Is there any module that allow me to key in data and then generate a report base on the data i key in?
thanks.

ghia
  • 2009/9/30 9:16

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Formulize let you setup some data tables, provides forms to fill in and can make reports with the tables.
Check it out.

jegelstaff

Yes, Formulize will let you create a form, enter whatever data you want, and then search, sort, do calculations, and export the data. It's kind of like a CMS for data, instead of content. You can move on from simple, single forms, to joined datasets of multiple forms and all kinds of fun database-ish stuff, if you want/need to.

If you would like specific help setting anything up, finding the right feature (there are a lot of features/options), please feel free to post on our support forums on thehttp://www.freeformsolutions.ca/formulize website. I try to answer all messages as quickly as possible.

--Julian

Login

Who's Online

131 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 131

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits