ajay
Re: HOWTO: xoRewriteModule - Simplified, Short URLs (remove /modules)
  • 2009/9/21 5:44

• ajay

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/9/14

yeah it's working, Thanks Mark. You are great.

This was about external links, Can't we change internal links like if a member clicks in menu bar on a specific module it shows the same olddir path in the url not the newone. If there is any way by which we can do this it will be great thing for the security purpose of the website from spammers & hackers.

ajay
  • 2009/9/21 6:40

• ajay

• Just popping in

i tried to make changes in Main Menu block but that way if i change the permissions of modules visibility there will no changes in Menu Bar it will show the same things.... instead of hiding module.

mboyden
  • 2009/9/21 20:33

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

Once you've made the changes you will have to clear your caches so it rebuilds all the content and links and such. The smarty plugin deals with all "internal" links used on your site, but only if it's not already cached and run through smarty. At least I think that's what it does. I haven't yet enabled this on legacy sites, but I have a couple of ones I'll be dealing with that on at some time in the future.

Also, to keep from having your site lowered at Google, you'll want to redirect old links to the new ones, but that requires hacking and can be difficult depending upon exactly what you're doing. Or there is also the ability to use the mod_rewrite to redirect if not the correct URL, but I haven't taken time to research and enable said solution from that perspective (which I think will be much easier in the long run).

Mark

ajay
  • 2009/9/23 14:24

• ajay

• Just popping in

Clear means do i need to delete cache? if yes then from which directory as i can see there are 2-3 cache directories one is in XOOPS root directory another one is in xoops_data directory. In xoops_data directory there are again two different directories smarty_cache & xoops_cache. I am new for all this so need above explanation. Please help..

ghia
  • 2009/9/23 17:16

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Yes, delete all files in all these 4 directories (except index.html).

mboyden
  • 2009/9/23 18:44

• mboyden

Ditto what ghia said. Here's what I do:

What it means is that you need to clear all the old files that are not index.html in the following directories:

XOOPS_TRUST/xoops_data/caches/smarty_cache
XOOPS_TRUST/xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile
XOOPS_TRUST/xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache

Your site will rebuild what it needs after that. Also, you should have the standard index.html file in each for protective aspects (especially if it's inside the XOOPS_ROOT directory which isn't recommended, but some hosting services require it, although if that's the case, you need a better hosting service -- try noise.org ).

What I did was write a quick command line script for mine to run from the XOOPS_TRUST/xoops_data/caches/ directory

rm smarty_cache/<star> smarty_compile/<star> xoops_cache/<star>
touch smarty_cache/index.html
touch smarty_compile/index.html
touch xoops_cache/index.html

(where <star> is replaced with an asterisk, which I can't use without getting IP banned)

Hope that helps.

ajay
  • 2009/9/24 18:58

• ajay

• Just popping in

Hi Mark and Ghia,
Thanks for your great support. You guys are really great and helping peoples. I deleted all cache from every directory except index.html file. But problem is still there it shows same old path in the user view. As my site is on testing right now and still too many things are remaining but before that i want to solve my every doubt. I have created a demo user account by which you can login and check here is url of my link www.mynportal.co.cc login id and password is "demo". Hey Mark thanks for sharing Host provider but i am using 2kmegs.com which provides free hosting for upto 4 domains with 2gb space and 5 GB bandwidth i think it's enough for testing purpose or for a small size website :). And for paid hosting i would prefer Arvixe.com it provides great features good pricing.

mboyden
  • 2009/9/24 19:08

• mboyden

Did you make the changes to the file in /configs ? The .htaccess config makes them recognized. The configuration file in the /configs folder is what you have to change to make them rewrite and display the way you want to. And it will do that whether or not the .htaccess file is correct. But it sounds like you haven't made the configurations in the /configs config file for this "module".

Mark

ajay
  • 2009/9/24 19:23

• ajay

• Just popping in

I have made changes in /configs so now both both links are working at present i mean domain.com/module/newbb and domain.com/forum/ i have made proper changes at both places in .htaccess and in /configs.
Below is the changes i have done in /configs
[xoRewriteModule]
yogurt="snprofile"
newbb="forum"
wordpress="blogs"
x7chat="chat"
*content="content"
*multimenu="multimenu"
*sitemap="sitemap"
*bithday="birthday"
*system="system"
*tplsadmin="tplsadmin"

ajay
  • 2009/9/25 9:25

• ajay

• Just popping in

Actually what i want is in the main menu bar or on any link in the website someone(user) clicks, it should go to newdir path instead of olddir path. For which i am unable to find a solution. I think it will be done through hack for each module and link inside the website. Well Thanks Mark and Ghia for your great support. And yes i would like to say please include xoRewriteModule in next release of XOOPS it's really helpful and if possible then please try to find such a way by which without hack of any module we can redirect olddir links to newdir link internally too(as i am not able to do it).

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits