roktec
UPDATE: CBB
  • 2009/9/4 5:28

• roktec

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/1 3

OK... So I have 2 accounts that can access the CBB Forums. I registered another user and created a test group and added this user to the group. Still get a blank page. I then removed the new user and added it to the group that the 2 accounts that work are members of and it still goes to a blank page.

roktec
Re: CBB
  • 2009/9/4 5:40

• roktec

• Just popping in

After turning on DEBUG mode and logging in with the account that is having troubles I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XoopsModule::loadLanguage() in /usr/web/www.mysite.com/modules/newbb/include/functions.welcome.php on line 68

I am still baffled why the 2 accounts that work are fine (3 actually... the main Admin account works too)

Other notes:

I also see the following pop ups

Errors
Notice: Deprecated function 'mod_getIP', use XoopsUserUtility directly. in file /Frameworks/art/functions.user.php line 20
Notice: Deprecated function 'mod_getIP', use XoopsUserUtility directly. in file /Frameworks/art/functions.user.php line 20
Notice: Deprecated function 'mod_getUnameFromIds', use XoopsUserUtility directly. in file /Frameworks/art/functions.user.php line 26

Errors
Notice: Deprecated function 'mod_getUnameFromIds', use XoopsUserUtility directly. in file /Frameworks/art/functions.user.php line 26
Warning: Class 'XoopsTree' is deprecated, check 'XoopsObjectTree' in tree.php in file /class/xoopstree.php line 45

Any GURUs out there have any thoughts?

Mamba
  • 2009/9/4 6:16

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

The problem was that you've turned on the "Forum for welcoming a new user" - see this thread about it.

I've switched it to "None" and it's now working

It helps to google for error messages. I did it for "Call to undefined method XoopsModule::loadLanguage" and found the thread above, as well as one in XOOPS Germany.

Obviously it's a bug, and hopefully it will be fixed in the future.

Quest
  • 2009/9/4 10:11

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I discovered within the CBB Admin itself and not the Groups permision there seemas to be actually two types of permissions. One is a general overall permission and the other deals with the created forum which allows you to set the forum itself to default permision or modify the particular forums permisions.
The other is from the CBB Admin Dashboard. PERMISIONS check that out as it is like the overall master for categories and forums access etc. Especially if you added new group etc. Or new Categories.

I had created a bunch of new Categories and forums for the categories, set the forums permissions but none were showing up. Until I checked the main CBB dashboard PERMISSIONS.

Hope this helps,
Quest

roktec
  • 2009/9/8 0:11

• roktec

• Just popping in

This is resolved and can be marked as such.

2 things. the cache and the welcome post seem to have been the issue.

Thanks again!

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits