RoFethos
Register permisions problem
  • 2009/8/24 12:45

• RoFethos

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/1 2

Ok, i spent like... an hour searching for anything with this, but cant find anything (one or two seem similar, but you never know).

My site is having a problem with allowing Registration. If any un-registered user clicks on the register button they get the "you dont have permision" screen and redirected.

The problem randomly started about a week ago, so far i've not been able to solve the problem. Im currently making all accounts manualy, which i dont mind, but some have started getting permision problems for access to specific modules.

Really is starting to get irritating lol. Any help would be great.

Im using 2.3.3

Thanks

- Ro

ghia
Re: Register permisions problem
  • 2009/8/24 12:58

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

The register problem is mosttimes when anonymous users don't have access to the profile module.

Try to find out particular details (date, time, user, module, link to and from) of such events and be sure the user has the right. Check your Apache logs and Protector logs for some relevant info.

If it is intermittent and the user has acces one time and another not to the same item, it could also be that the server has problems and can't handle all requests (also for the MySQL database). do you have sometimes long loading times for the pages?

(Did you install the latest security patch for 2.3.3?)

RoFethos
  • 2009/8/24 13:27

• RoFethos

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/2/1 2

You were right about the Resister problem. Funny how its normally somthing simple loike that lol.

I'll get back toyou about the user's problems.

Globalforest

Hi

I have a similar problem (new install of 2.3.3b with security patch and PHP 5.2.9).

The original error message was "Sorry you don't have permission to access this area" both for 'registration' and 'lost password'.

However, when I made PM accessible to anaonymous users, the 'lost password' now works but 'registration' still fails and the error is now "Registration is not allowed at this moment, please come back later"

I can probably live with it in the short-term. Any suggestions other suggestions(BTW I am using MySQL authentication but no speed issues)?

BTW thanks Ghia - that was a great suggestion.

Meant to say, "Allow new user registration" is checked

ghia
  • 2009/9/27 14:11

• ghia

Quote:
when I made PM accessible to anaonymous users
It is the Profile module and not the PM (Private Message) module that need to be accessible for anonymous users.

Quote:
the error is now "Registration is not allowed at this moment, please come back later"
Check in the profile module, that the registration steps are correctly set up.
Quote:
I am using MySQL authentication but no speed issues
???

Globalforest

Hi Ghia
Yes both User Profile and Private Messaging are enabled. Have checked the Profile Module and Categories, Fields and Registration Steps are all empty. Suggests to me this is the problem? Not sure how to resolve.

Globalforest

Hah - figured that as the details were missing from the Profile module to just reinstall and hey presto, problems solved. I suspect that there might have been a problem with spyware (mycomputertotalscann11.com did pop up at one point) when I did the original install. This time I did it a lot quicker

ghia
  • 2009/9/27 20:13

• ghia

To be sure an upload to the server is complete, do the file check as described in the release notes.

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits