SnDr
Weblog gives blank config pages
  • 2009/8/7 8:36

• SnDr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/8/7 8

Hello there,

I've been on this site for a few days now trying to figure some things out and i've run into a problem, i couldn't find any solution so i make this thread.

My versions are: weblog 1.41 fixed, XOOPS 2.3.3, xamp mac 1.0.1
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.7l PHP/5.2.9 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.0 MySQL-client versie: 5.1.33

I installed weblog but when i go to the options pages as admin its giving me blank pages. The only thing that shows is debug info saying nothing is wrong.
When i look at the source code i notice all is there except the html coding. I've tried to fiddle with the includes but that didnt work.

Im a noobie still though so might be a simpel thing, but anyone got an idea?

here's my debug info:

Queries
SET NAMES 
'utf8'
SELECT FROM config WHERE (conf_modid '0' AND conf_catid '1'ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT sess_data
sess_ip FROM session WHERE sess_id '3293d440c459ead05cec05f89f513cff'
SELECT FROM users WHERE uid '1'
SELECT FROM modules WHERE dirname 'weblog'
SELECT FROM config WHERE (conf_modid '6'ORDER BY conf_order ASC
Total
6 queries

also i post the beginning of one of the files catmanager.php to see if there's something wrong in the includes:
include "../../../mainfile.php";
include (
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH"/include/cp_header.php");
include_once(
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH"/modules/weblog/config.php");
include(
'/admin.inc.php');

$myts =& MyTextSanitizer::getInstance();
$mytree = new XoopsTree($xoopsDB->prefix('weblog_category'), 'cat_id''cat_pid');

Hope someone can help me out here, thanks in advance :]

ghia
Re: Weblog gives blank config pages
  • 2009/8/7 11:07

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

SnDr, Welcome to the XOOPS forum!

Weblog 1.41 is an old module (2005) and may depend on older PHP configurations.
There is a newer version 1.45 at XOOPS Italia.
If you can explain, what your intention was for using this module, maybe we can advise you another?

SnDr
  • 2009/8/7 11:34

• SnDr

• Just popping in

Hey thanks for the reply, i fixed some of the old php issues but i guess the options pages still go wrong..

Well i hope u might be able to help, here's the thing. I want people to be able to login and see a blog or something similar that is only viewable by them and an admin. They should be able to react to it, but it cannot be public. Also it can not be viewable for other registered users and there it goes wrong on most cms systems, i've been playing around with xoops, joomla, silverstripe, but all systems are not build for private blogs..

Also now im fiddling with access rights because as it looks now i have to make groups, catagory's and blogs for every specific user, while i'd like to see 1 blog module with private articles for each user.

Hopefuly u have an idea or a specific module that could do the trick, thanks in advance :]

ghia
  • 2009/8/7 12:15

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

I don't know if I understand this correct:
- the admin write articles
- loggedin users can read these articles
- they can post comments on it
- these comments can only be read by the writer and the admin
the user sees all the comments he wrote, the admin sees all the comments from everyone
Can other users also write articles? Which rules apply for their articles and comments?

It's a little beyond me why this hiding is needed. Internet is more for sharing.
Don't know the exact possibilities, but you may have also a look on UserPage and ClientSpace.

SnDr
  • 2009/8/7 12:27

• SnDr

• Just popping in

yea i know its kinda upside down what im trying to get. But its for someone that helps people lose weight or keep their health in shape. So its like a private blog for the owner to his clients telling them what they've agreed on and the user can react saying its working or whatever..
Now u see its not very nice if all those personal things are public :]
I'm now trying out joomla 1.6 beta and i have it working sortof, but its a whole hassle getting it working with cats, groups, users, rights etc etc besides the beta is full of bugs so not something i can put online..

I'll have a look for userpages, that is basicly what i want. Someone logs in and gets is own private page with a blog or news posting section on it..

Thanks man :]

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits