Burning
Re: Xoops Modules (All Xoops Users Please Read)
  • 2009/8/5 12:20

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi' Rune'

Quote:
A short description for each working module would be nice

... it should be in modules Repository
Some descriptions are already available (see this list, Category column to read) but ... sorry only in french. As you can read, I have some difficulties with english

Quote:
and why is this list not here on xoops.org also? it is the mothership... :)

... that's the goal, to update modules repository (french one, but english one if you find translators :-s).

Those lists are available in html language, so there is no difficulty to share. I use Pico module (to display comments form below) but Dummy module would do the job too.

@+
Still learning CSS and... english

iunderwood

Great job on that list there, Burning!

I'm quite tempted to pillage the logo you made for UHQ-Radio ... that's quite good.
++I;
Resized Image

Burning
  • 2009/9/16 22:45

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi'

Some news and thoughts about Module Repository...

1 • French modules repository

French users get a new modules repository thanks to Mage, Kraven30 and Cobalt. You can see it here :http://www.frxoops.org/modules/TDMDownloads/

It works with TDMDownloads, and although it is not complete, I hope this example will give good ideas to build a new repository on Xoops.org

2 • Modules lists on babylonbyxoops.net

Modules lists have been updated on my site :http://www.babylonbyxoops.net (you can see details in comments, bottom of each list). That's not funny to update those html list, so if a developer get an idea : DO NOT HESITATE !! You get an .ods file to download wich can easily be converted in .csv. There are three colors :
- green = compatible
- no color = modules to test
- red = too old modules

I don't know if I'll get enough time to make a new update soon ... but you can help by using comments, bottom of each list.

3 • Some thoughs

I believe it's really important to get a module repository updated.

We get those lists
- full list
- compatible
- to test
- and too old

... but if I was a newbie (don't laught, I'am), I would be scared. And for developers, this is no more glorious : do you know how many versions of Liaise I have seen making those lists ? ... five !!! That's just an example. So, I believe that an updated repository is important for newbies but also for developers who sometimes reinvent the wheel unwittingly.

sailjapan

Re: 1)
Excellent! What more can I say

Re:2)
Thanks for sharing, Burning. A very complete list and the color coding is soooo useful. I'll try to add comments where I can.

Re:3)
I agree that the repository here on x.o needs work, but BitC3R0's new theme has made the one we have much more attractive. We do need to sort through everything though, so if there are any volunteers out there, help would be appreciated!

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits