johno123
Is anyone familiar with xoops, exoops, runcms cms mydownloads ?
  • 2009/8/5 19:40

• johno123

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/7

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some help with a problem i am having with a cms system i use for my membership site.

My site is using exoops/xoops system together.

Ok, so theres a little about the site im working with. i hope this is ok to ask for help here,

My Problem...

I have a membership site that offers downloads of ebooks, scripts, plr articles, websites etc. I have download areas that are setup into different levels of membership. And each file is permissioned to follow these levels for each user.

With this downloads module or plugin i use. The downloads are not visible to anonymous, or non registered users browsing the site.

Well, i want it so that anonymous can see the downloads in all levels before registering. If they choose they can sign up to get free access to the free area first. Then choose if they like, a higher mebership level. Thats kinda the point of it all.

I found a site that referrs to my problem, at runcms.org. Which is another cms system like xoops, compatible in most ways i have found so far to my site.

The instructions are to change some code in 2 files, which will correct the anonymous view problem im having.

When applying this fix, all of a sudden registered users cannot see the files in the upgradable areas anymore. Only when anonymous you can see all files in the higher areas. So that fix does not exactly help. Well it helps with one problem, but creates another.. Im sure it is something simple i am missing, but i dont know what i can do..

Anyone with knowledge of these systems able to help me?

Thx in advance...

ghia
Re: Is anyone familiar with xoops, exoops, runcms cms mydownloads ?
  • 2009/8/15 14:38

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
I found a site that referrs to my problem, at runcms.org. Which is another cms system like xoops, compatible in most ways i have found so far to my site.

The instructions are to change some code in 2 files, which will correct the anonymous view problem im having.
Can you show a link to the post where the explaination is for these changed lines?

johno123
  • 2009/8/17 23:07

• johno123

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/11/7

hi this is the post i mentioned

http://www.runcms.org/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=225&forum=2

thx

ghia
  • 2009/8/19 14:58

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

What type and version of XOOPS and the download module are you using?
Are the replacement files compatible with your versions?
The modification seems to come down on two points:
Registered users are as always looking up downloads with their categories, anonymous users have an extended lookup of all categories marked in a preference, but at the display they will not see any download links, but only the title.
if ($xoopsUser)
$block['content'] .= "<strong><big>&middot;</big></strong> <a href='".XOOPS_URL."/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=".$lid."'>$title</a>";
else
$block['content'] .= "<strong><big>&middot;</big></strong> $title";

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits