Hakim
Complaints embedded in xoops wiki
  • 2009/7/14 8:26

• Hakim

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/5/28

I was looking at recent edits in the wiki and came across this gem as the latest edit:

Yet another dead end in XOOPS documentation... save yourselves headaches and join a proper project like Drupal!

ENDQUOTE

Looked at the other edit by this user:

another empty link in a fairly cryptic docs site... it would be nice to be able to find things on this site.. its a mess.

ENDQUOTE

Would someone please answer one of my three messages (one to an individual, one here and one on sourceforge) asking to contribute to the the document team. The documentation is a mess and I would like to help sort it out. I also don't want to step on anyone's toes or duplicate work already being done.

It seems to me that what is on this site is the public face of XOOPS and it needs to be as current and complete as possible.

Mamba
Re: Complaints embedded in xoops wiki
  • 2009/7/14 8:47

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Hakim, the documentation is a weak site of XOOPS, and your offer to help is very much appreciated!

We need to
a) update the older documentation:
XOOPS Documentation: Core
XOOPS Documentation: Modules

b) Update the Wiki

c) Updated the FAQ

Please let us know which area would you prefer to work on, and we'll go from there.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Hakim
  • 2009/7/14 11:03

• Hakim

• Just popping in

Hi Mamba and thanks for the reply. From the document group on google I see GPboarder is updating the user manual. I wonder if it makes sense for me to work in parallel with GPboarder and update the wiki as the user manual is updated. I will interact with GPboarder on the google group or via message.

Because I am a beginning user (and I think GPboarder is fairly new too) I would like regular access to an experienced user who is willing and not already overloaded. This is so I can ask questions that are needed to update the documents.

Thanks Mamba,
Hakim

Mamba
  • 2009/7/14 11:26

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

That would be fantastic, if you could do it!!! I think, it's excellent idea!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Hakim
  • 2009/7/14 11:37

• Hakim

• Just popping in

I have sent a message to GPboarder with my previous message here to see if that is agreeable.

Will start updating this week after talking with GPboarder. I am looking forward to being able to give something to the XOOPS community.

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits