sailjapan
Re: Feeling kind of stupid

Mamba wrote:Quote:
Please test it to see if it works on your end.

Seems fine now, Mamba.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

chriswarren
  • 2009/7/4 22:09

• chriswarren

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/7/2 2

I know I should probably already know this, but how do I create pages with xoops? I know in the previous CMS that I used (MODX), you could create files on a tree and put them into the menu bar.

sailjapan

if you just want static pages that you build with a wysiwyg or in another page building app, you need to install a module like content, tinyd, pico or similar.
xoops needs modules to actually display your content. Take a browse through the module repository or on one of the other module archives like babylonbyxoops or devs like instantzero.

Either experiment with modules that you download or run a search here in the forums for module names that sound interesting. Always do a search for the devs site to check that you've got the most up-to-date version available, and steer clear of alphas and betas unless you're prepared to maybe have to do some hacking.

This thread is a little bit old now, but runs you through setting your site up from scratch. Most of it is still applicable.

Happy xoopsing!
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Login

Who's Online

420 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 420

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits