sunny18
Help please - Newbie
  • 2009/6/15 23:24

• sunny18

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/6/15

Hello,

I need some help please. How do i add more links to the main menu and then add my content to those links. I dont really know where to start. I have searched for tutorials on this and can't find anything. Also, i would like to add a forum to my site. Which is best one (or should i say easiest one to use)I'd like for the latest forum posts to be displayed in a side bar on each page. Please point me in the right direction. I'm using 2.3.2

Thanks for any help (much appreciated)

ghia
Re: Help please - Newbie
  • 2009/6/16 10:45

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

See this FAQ and its comments for adding links to the main menu.

Most popular and complete forum is NewBB/CBB version 3.08 (!). It is the one here in use and you are looking at it.
Easier (but less feature rich) is newBBex. Other fora are D3forum or X-forun.

sunny18
  • 2009/6/16 11:16

• sunny18

• Just popping in

Thanks for your reply ghia.

When i click on the link you gave it opens fine, but when i click on the link 'how do i add custom links in the main menu' Its opens to a blank white page. I can't view it. All the other links on that faq open fine its just that one that doesnt work for me

ghia
  • 2009/6/16 12:16

• ghia

That particular link of the FAQ is broken.
Mamba is checking this.
But Stefan88 his comment explains it.

sunny18
  • 2009/6/16 21:24

• sunny18

• Just popping in

Thank you ghia

Are there any other tutorials for this as i am still no further. For start i wouldn't know what the urls are for the links. Where to create them,add content to them. Do i need to use html. Do i have to have a module intalled first? I haven't installed any yet. Sorry for asking questions that may seem a piece of cake for others but i'm totally lost. I'm a beginner

ghia
  • 2009/6/17 7:30

• ghia

Yes, you have to install modules to handle your content. With the XOOPS core alone, you don't have much.
Depending on the purpose for your site, you install different modules. For examples see eg what is in the various module packs. Do not install from them, because they are rather old and not updated. But use them as inspiration and search for the latest version of each module and install these.

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits