marckd
xcache or eaccelerator??
  • 2009/6/13 1:26

• marckd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/16

hello everybody!

I have been tweaking a lot of things in my dedicated server to improve the performance of my site, but on main page I can't reduce the load to less than 0,8 secs, which I consider really slow considering there are only 130 connected users at the moment and I have double up my ram to 2GB RAM on a dual core xeon 3020...

I currently run it with eaccelerator, but somewhere I read xcache is a lot faster, like 15% faster, but yet, I read somewhere that it could have some troubles with some php scripts
is XOOPS one of those php scripts that may bug xcache?

what do you use? x cache or eaccelerator?

what do you recommend me?

do you have some tips on how to improve my server performance?

thanks in advance!

trabis
Re: xcache or eaccelerator??
  • 2009/6/13 1:54

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

I think that before you start tweaking the server you should have a look at the code. If you can isolate the page that is giving most problems then you have a good starting point.

Turn debug on and check timers.
Use this hack to track queries execution times:
http://www.xuups.com/modules/mynews/article.php?storyid=12

Look to see if you have queries being done with pour criteria. If you have a query that will fetch > 30000 rows(I'm guessing) you may have a problem.
If those rows are converted to objects they will consume a lot of memory and your problem doubles.

This kind of problem slowly reveals. The more data you have on that table, the more slower it will get. One day your server goes down no matter what tweaks you do.

So look at the module which has more data in it(probably it is also the most hit by users)

Login

Who's Online

242 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 242

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits