mgrunk
frustrated - new install - warning include once error
  • 2009/5/25 22:00

• mgrunk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/5/25

I've installed a number of php/database open source systems so I'm not exactly a newbie (zen-cart, mambo, wordpress, etc). I followed the directions here:http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/xoops/XOOPS2.3.x_InstallationGuide_en.pdf

and checked that the directories exist and are writeable (I did have to add the data directory). I also copied the protector mainfile over.

So, I have all the htdocs sitting in my root directory - I renamed the xoops_data and xoops_lib but can't move them up out of the root directory.

I am running php 5.25 and a new MySQL (can't remember the version) on a unix server (shared hosting).

When I navigate to the root directory I receive:

Warning: include_once(/class/xoopsblock.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\hshome\chsweb\xxxxxx.net\header.php on line 30

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/class/xoopsblock.php' for inclusion (include_path='.\;C:\Program Files\HSphere\3rdparty\PHP\PHP5\PEAR') in D:\hshome\chsweb\xxxxx.net\header.php on line 30

Fatal error: Call to a member function stopTime() on a non-object in D:\hshome\chsweb\xxxxx.net\header.php on line 36

The file does exist in the class directory - is there a file I am to edit before running this to set the paths?

Xend
Re: frustrated - new install - warning include once error
  • 2009/5/25 23:07

• Xend

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2001/12/13

Hi.
Did you try to move them after you had run the install?
Its not smart to move xoops_data and xoops_lib , upload them again outside your web.
You can edit the path of those folders in mainfile.php in root, if you move the after install, look for it there, almost on top of doc.
"Learn from the mistakes of others; you can't live long enough to make them all yourself."

mgrunk
  • 2009/5/25 23:24

• mgrunk

• Just popping in

No, I didn't move them - they're in the same directory (root), just renamed and I had to create the config and cache subfolders, but that was before I tried to run the install. I never get far enough that I have any place to input any information, when I got to the domain, that above error messages are all I receive and it does not proceed on any further.

Xend
  • 2009/5/26 9:59

• Xend

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2001/12/13

I start to wonder when i read your first post, you say you are running unix server , but in the error log i read you have windows.

?-> D:\hshome\chsweb\xxxxxx.net\header.php on line 30

Somthing is wrong with your files or server.
This can happend if you are using and old install from another server, and the mainfile.php is set with data.

If so download a new fresh install and use that.
If not, then you have problems
"Learn from the mistakes of others; you can't live long enough to make them all yourself."

ghia
  • 2009/5/26 13:51

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Try the install with the directory names for xoops_data and xoops_lib unmodified. Before the install do also the file check (see release notes) to see if your uploading (and SourceForge downloading) was complete.
Do the install and test it.
Then rename the two directories and adapt the definitions for them in mainfile.php to the choosen names.

mgrunk
  • 2009/5/26 21:23

• mgrunk

• Just popping in

That worked - something must have not made it over in the unzip - the site is up and running. Thanks for the suggestions.

Login

Who's Online

242 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 242

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits