AlexSolo
Several problems after install on server.
  • 2009/5/4 12:54

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/8 1

On my test environment, these problems don't seem to be occurring (mamp) but on my working server, same install I get no custom blocks in the center section and cannot use any wusiwug editor in any module. the only difference is I renamed xoop_data and xoops_lib and added protector.

This is one type of error example using the "content module": "This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

Error: Cannot create fckeditor config file."

Anyone want to help me get this thing going or have any suggestions?

deka87
Re: Several problems after install on server.
  • 2009/5/4 18:50

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

i can only say the obvious that you need to reupload the class folder.
Mind anchors

AlexSolo
  • 2009/5/6 5:34

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

Did a TOTAL reinstall and same thing occurred after installing and trying to use the content module. Says cannot create fckeditor config file.

Attempting to re-install just the class folder now. If that doesn't work any other suggestions?

Well, nothing has changed. I still cannot access FCKeditor as well as not being able to update with the regular editor. I can post initially with the standard editor but I cannot update, the submit button is missing on the form. HELP PLEASE

AlexSolo
  • 2009/5/6 7:07

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

this is the errors when I turn on debug:
Notice: Undefined variable: message in file /modules/content/admin/add_content.php line 200
Notice: Undefined variable: rows in file /modules/content/admin/add_content.php line 201
Notice: Undefined variable: cols in file /modules/content/admin/add_content.php line 202
Warning: fopen(/cache/fckconfig.content.js) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in file /class/xoopseditor/fckeditor/formfckeditor.php line 104
Error: Cannot create fckeditor config file in file /class/xoopseditor/fckeditor/formfckeditor.php line 135

How can I fix this?

sailjapan

Search brings up the following suggestions:

thread 1
thread 2
thread 3

One of them might help.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

AlexSolo
  • 2009/5/6 14:01

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

Seems to be partly a permission thing and corrected it on cache but now I am getting this:

Error loading "http://name of site.com/class/xoopseditor/fckeditor/fckeditor/fckstyles.xml" (HTTP Status: 500).

Do you want to see the server response dump?

How to fix this? tried changing permissions for this file did no good.

mboyden
  • 2009/5/6 15:01

• mboyden

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

What are the permissions for files and directories on your site? Well configured and secured sites usually require 755 for directories and 644 for files (and 444 for the mainfile).

Do you see this problem when you use another editor? Is your site otherwise working?

What version of XOOPS are you using? What version of FCKeditor? Are you trying to add the older XOOPeditors framework over XOOPS 2.3.3?

More information about your build and setup as well as file permissions might begin to help us help you better.
Pessimists see difficulty in opportunity; Optimists see opportunity in difficulty. --W Churchill

XOOPS: Latest | Debug | Hosting and Web Development

AlexSolo
  • 2009/5/6 17:57

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

I am using the newest install of everything. Whatever came with the package 2.3.3. I added nothing additional except for modules and every module except for the content module came from the links from the recent wiki on"what works with 2.3.3. the only thing I did was change some permissions to make some files or folders more accessible. I made no alterations via ftp to ANY file except the theme file. I am using the fck that came with 2.3.3. Framework is one that came with 2.3.3. Main file is 444 as for the others some directories like cache I changed to 777.

See my newest post about installing xoopscare and what has happened.

aditional info:
News 1.63- koivi works, basic works, tinymce - i get my sites black background behind the input area in the form making it not very user friendly but you can input text and save, just cant see what you are inputting.
fck freezes and I get the above error message.

content module- 2 choices, fck (doesn't work, same error) and htmleditor (standard)- can create but not update any content created.

mastop publishing- has it own insall of tinymce in the module.(works)

these are the only 3 modues installed that use wisiwig.

sailjapan

Just a thought but have you tried adding files from earlier versions of Frameworks?
Frameworks seems to be particularly disorganized these days, and I've had to include files from earlier versions to keep some of the modules I have installed working right (don't ask which, I can't remember)
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

AlexSolo
  • 2009/5/7 17:09

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

Without knowing which files to choose, a shot in the dark approach could cause more harm than good. I looked at frameworks and I wouldn't know what files effect what modules.
Too risky for me with a limited knowledge of php.

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits