slicendice
Control Panel shows only system info following new installation
  • 2009/4/24 5:06

• slicendice

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/4/24

After installation, Admin menu shows only System options, rather than a full control panel. The Checksum run after installation flagged files in an absent installation folder (Which is reasonable, as I'd deleted installation folder after installs, as per release instructions).

Also it flagged missing XOOPS data and lib folders (which had been renamed already and relocated outside www).

I've reinstalled the s/w 4 times. If anyone can help before I give up, it would be much appreciated.

Thx

Mamba
Re: Control Panel shows only system info following new installation
  • 2009/4/24 5:24

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

It's probably one of the two issues:

1) You have renamed and relocated the data and lib folders, but didn't update the mainfile.php

2) The date and lib folders don't have 777 read permits

So try to make sure that those two are OK.

If you still have a problem, then copy the lib and data folders back to you document directory, update your mainfile.php and see if it works. If it does, it means that you host doesn't allow you access to the data and lib folders outside of your www directory
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

slicendice
  • 2009/4/24 16:11

• slicendice

• Just popping in

Thanks Mamba for the advise. But issue persists. I have moved xoop_data and lib folders back to Document root. Permissions for these are already 777. Issue persists. I again reinstalled the software 2ce more, leaving data and lib folders in root document (renamed). But issue persists....? :(

ghia
  • 2009/4/24 17:24

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Try the installation once without renaming or moving, just as it is. When the install is verified and good working, then do the tweaking. Try first the move by uploading the two directories again outside the root, set permissions and adapt mainfile.php accordingly. If that don't run, do the rename of the inside root directories and adapt mainfile.php accordingly. (Delete the unused copy of the two directories).

slicendice
  • 2009/4/27 19:04

• slicendice

• Just popping in

Thank you so much. Issue is finally resolved. Turned out there were some system files missing on my website, e.g cgi-bin, vti, etc. I had my web host, reset my site and reinstalled xoops. Also for those seeing only systems info, remember to click the System text in the menu, and not just the hyperlink in the main column showing the system info. Obvious, I know... goodluck! And thanks again Mamba, Ghia. You were most helpful.

Mamba
  • 2009/4/27 21:14

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

We are all here at XOOPS happy to hear that this has been resolved!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits