girma
registration,notification and activation problem
  • 2009/4/17 19:35

• girma

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/3/11

hello every one ... i am new to XOOPS and i try to build my website using XOOPS 2.3.3 and on new user registration it sends activation and notification to the admin only not for Registerd users and i try to change "Select group to which new user notification mail will be sent","Select activation type of newly registered users" and "Select group to which activation mail will be sent" But still it doesn't send activation linke to Registerd users .... what Shall i Do how can i solve it ...
Thank you ...

deka87
Re: registration,notification and activation problem
  • 2009/4/17 21:30

• deka87

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2007/10/5

go to admin - system - preferences - user info settings - Select activation type of newly registered users and choose "requires activation by user (recommended)
Mind anchors

girma
  • 2009/4/19 18:52

• girma

• Just popping in

Thank you for your response ... But my problem is That when new user registred the activation mail is send to the admin like this "The original message was received at Sun, 19 Apr 2009 11:30:39 -0700
from localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<--------@yahoo.com>
(reason: 553 sorry, your mail was administratively denied. (#5.7.1))
" what is this error ? How can i corect it ...? please help ...

Thank you ...

[Edit by ghia: mail address removed for privacy and SPAM]

ghia
  • 2009/4/19 23:51

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

One reason could be that you are impersonating the senders (yours) mailaddress eg using an yahoo, gmail or hotmail address which is supposed to be the sender in mails originating from the server of your domain. Make sure that the settings for the email senders address and the user alias use a mailbox from your domain (URL).
If this is not possible select smtp and send the emails via your personal cable or adsl mail address.

An other reason could be that on your server other sites (which have the same IP address as yours) have sent mass SPAM mailing and your server gets blacklisted. For gmail you can contact them to resolve such problems, but I don't know for Yahoo.

girma
  • 2009/4/20 14:15

• girma

• Just popping in

Thank you ghia i just use my domain mail address and it works properly ...

Thak you very mach ...

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits