geniushasan
modules vanished

there is a problem going in my XOOPS 2.3.3 admin section. modules arent listed under Modules Section except 'System Module' rest of the uninstalled and installed modules arent shown, what could be the possible problem/solution for this.
i am using XOOPS 2.3.3
php versin 5
thankyou

Mamba
Re: modules vanished
  • 2009/4/12 20:01

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Please read the discussion here, and see if any of this applies to you.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

geniushasan

i have already went through that thread before posting this one. i tried every possible options but no luck if you can do it for me i will be glad to give you admin access to solve the problem.

Mamba
  • 2009/4/13 5:44

• Mamba

Sure. Please PM me your Admin and FTP login/password, and I'll take a look.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

Mamba
  • 2009/4/13 19:49

• Mamba

OK, the problem was the MyTube module (1.05RC).

This was the way I got there:

1) first, I checked the permissions on xoops_data, but all of them were 777, so it was good

2) I checked for any D3 modules (e.g. Protector or AltSys), because if the xoops_lib path is messed up, that causes a problem as well, but everything was good there

3) As next we need to check the modules. Normally if there is a problem with an unistalled module, then the guilty one is the one that is missing as first one alphabetically. But at least all the installed should show up.

In your case only the System was visible in the center, so it was weird, because there were other modules installed (cbb, statistics, etc.), but they were visible only on the left hand side, but not in the center.

So the next step was to delete one by one the "unistalled" modules and see if there is a problem with any of them. The first one was dictionary, but it was fine. The next one was "MyTube", and as soon as deleted it, all the modules were visible in the center.

Now comes the explanation why all the other installed modules were not visible. It was because you've installed MyTube, but deactivated it. So it was not visible on the left hand side because it was not active, but because it was the first one alphabetically as installed, then it caused all the following ones to become invisible.

I've copied back the Dictionary and MyTube folders, but changed the name of the MyTube folder, so XOOPS thinks that it is missing and thus it is able to show it in the center.

The problem is that it's not possible to uninstall MyTube automatically, and I don't know why, therefore you'll need to do it manually via phpMyAdmin.

For next time, you need to keep notice what steps do you take and at what moment things don't work out anymore.

From the modifications dates it looks like you've installed XOOPS 2.3.3 on March 17th. Then on April 8th you've installed the Statistics module and recompiled the other modules. But the MyTube was recompiled on April 10th. So this should tell you that since MyTube was the last one module that you've installed, the problem could it MyTube.

Anyway, the mystery is solved
Support XOOPS => DONATE

geniushasan

i dont know how should i thankyou, you have solved all my problems thanks alot,

just like to ask, how to uninstall a module from myphpadmin ? although i know how to deactivate it.

EDIT: for instance i like to uninstall cbb from phpmyadmin how would i do it?

thanks alot.

Watchmanz
  • 2009/4/15 4:18

• Watchmanz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/3/11

Uninstall a module from phpmyadmin? As far as I know, phpmyadmin is to interact with the database directly, not uninstall modules. All modules should be uninstalled by first deactivating, then uninstalling through the XOOPS administration menu. Then delete the files from your server using FTP or file manager.

Mamba
  • 2009/4/15 5:11

• Mamba

That's how normally it's done, but the problem is that somehow there is a conflict between XOOPS and that module, and you're not able to uninstall it.

When you click on "Uninstall", the XOOPS goes blank, and when you go back to Admin, the module is still there. So the only way is to remove it manually via phpMyAdmin, i.e. remove it from the list of modulus, delete tables that the module has created, and check other dependencies, and remove them as well.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

geniushasan

i will do it today.

McDonald
  • 2009/4/15 21:41

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

I've just installed XOOPS 2.3.3 Final on my local test server with the following details:
- Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i mod_autoindex_color PHP/5.2.8
- MySQL client version: 5.1.30

MyTube 1.05 RC-1 test 1:
Install => no problems
Uninstall => no problems

MyTube 1.05 RC-1 test 2:
Install => no problems
Import MyTube database tables, all categories & videos were imported correctly and were accesible. Videos were playing correctly.
Uninstall => no problems

With the debugger turned on a few errors are visible, but are caused by XOOPS 2.3.x and not by MyTube.

The problem that is mentioned in this forum thread might be caused by another module cq. conflict with MyTube.

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits