playsome
Article 2.00RC
  • 2009/4/15 20:46

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2009/4/15

Hi, I have just downloaded Article 2.00RC by phppp, cloned/renamed it and installed it on a site I am working on and I have to say it is a great module, exactly what I am looking for for posting news, I especially like the fact you can upload an image for each news item and have it dispaly next to the item in the article list.

The only thing is a can not get any content to show for the blocks and I am wondering if it is because there doesnt seem to be any templates for the blocks? Ive tried smarty debug and php debug but I couldnt see any errors coming up.

If it is the lack of block templates has anyone made any templates for the blocks(recent news block), I am able to modify existing templates slightly but creating an entire template is beyond the scope of my knowledge.

Hope someone can help.

playsome
Re: Article 2.00RC block not showing
  • 2009/4/20 20:45

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

OK, dismiss my origianl post I didnt see that there was another folder within templates that had block template files DOH!

Anyway now i have a new problem, I cannot get the articles block to show at all (_block_article.html), the thing is I did have it showing before, on the top page with 2 test articles on it with no problems.

All I did was add some proper articles I noticed they were not showing in the block, I deleted the test articles and then the block stopped showing.

I had alook at the debug mode(both XOOPS and article debug)and I do not see any errors, the debug mode is showing the block as being there is it shows up within the list of blocks but I cant get it to show on the page.

I have deleted and and re-uploaded the template file, checked permissions, checked block settings, checked the database, deleted cache files and I just cant figure it out. I cant even get the blocktitle to show, nothing. Other article blocks seem to show up OK.

Anyone got any ideas?

tzvook
  • 2009/5/6 7:21

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

@ playsome
I don't have any advise, just note that version 2 has a lot of bugs ...
Categories can't be deleted too ...

It was my favorite articles module .... but seems like phppp has no time for it, and it's full of bugs

DarinAllan

Another great module that has been abandoned so it seems :o(

DarinAllan

playsome
  • 2009/5/6 23:59

• playsome

• Not too shy to talk

@tzvook

Sorry I did not reply to this sooner. I did come across some bugs and i noticed the unable to delete catergory bug, although you can manually delete it in phpmyadmin.

Im currently using the module for a site im working on, it is a great module for news it is a shame that it is not being actively developed.

Maybe phppp will see this thread and let us know if it will ever get out of the RC stage, it is too good a module to be just forgotten about.

tzvook
  • 2009/5/7 9:53

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

Yep - a Great module

I consider it the best "articles" module (the rest are more "news" alike, then articles)

My solution was simply to use version 1.0 also in 2.3.3. sites (works perfectly) ....

ipwgc
Article 2.00RC V/S Article 1.00
  • 2009/6/10 17:12

• ipwgc

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/8/13

Quote:

tzvook wrote:
Yep - a Great module

I consider it the best "articles" module (the rest are more "news" alike, then articles)

My solution was simply to use version 1.0 also in 2.3.3. sites (works perfectly) ....

Hola como estas?
Hi, I use article version 1.0 in Spanish, I clone the module in 4 modules and working fine.
I see in the admin section the connection to the newbb forum, but I can see how is working together. I will love to have the article working whit the newbb forum. Do you know how is working together??

THIS MODULE IS PERFECT FOR MY PROJECT, Please, please, and more please not abandoned it.
I'm promises to continue translate this grates module in Spanish.

1. tzvook In your opinion, you recommended to continue whit the version 1.00,
2. Because I see here in the forum the version 2.00CR have a lot of bug?
3. or exist Article 2.01 whit corrected bugs?

Regards,
David

tzvook
Re: Article 2.00RC V/S Article 1.00
  • 2009/6/10 22:16

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

ipwgc wrote:

1. tzvook In your opinion, you recommended to continue whit the version 1.00,
2. Because I see here in the forum the version 2.00CR have a lot of bug?
3. or exist Article 2.01 whit corrected bugs?

Regards,
David

2.0 is not recommended - categories bug and some more .... and there are not much changes from the 1.0 version ...

ipwgc
Re: Article 2.00RC V/S Article 1.00
  • 2009/6/10 22:30

• ipwgc

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/8/13

Thank tzvook for your advice,
I will continue in the version 1.0 until the developed upgrade.

Now, how about my other question?
the newbb forum? it working together? or it in the developed process??

David

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits