turtlemancan
A few general questions

Okay, I am working on a website currently, and I have been messing around with various content management software and right now I'm still on the fence as far as which software I plan on going forward with. Now I am currently using PHP-Nuke because it allows me to have my guest register for an account, and also access the php forum with that same account. So my first question is, does XOOPS allow the same functionality without me having to do any extensive programming?

And my second question is in reference to a wiki article on php-nuke not displaying hits well to search engines due to the URL of links not being recognizable, as well as some security loopholes, which actually led me to trying out XOOPS because it's supposed to be a better version of phpnuke. Now I'm wondering are either of these problems resolved in xoops?

thank you for your answers, sorry for being so long winded

ghia
Re: A few general questions
  • 2009/4/10 19:07

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

turtlemancan, welcome on the XOOPS forum!

Quote:
Now I am currently using PHP-Nuke because it allows me to have my guest register for an account, and also access the php forum with that same account. So my first question is, does XOOPS allow the same functionality without me having to do any extensive programming?
I think because you registered on this site and posted in this forum, your question is already answered. This is standard feature of XOOPS 2.3.3 and forum module NewBB/CBB 3.08 as used on this site.
Quote:
Now I'm wondering are either of these problems resolved in xoops?
Since you posted no link to the specific article, it is difficult to answer this.
I can only say, that the site here XOOPS.org (running with XOOPS) has very good page ranking.
I'm not gonna say that there have not been security problems with the XOOPS core, but we will cure them as soon as possible from the moment they are brought to our attention. For modules, this will be done by the module developers.

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits