jezjones24
Where is a list of the admin errors and what they mean?
  • 2009/3/31 9:24

• jezjones24

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/23

Hi All,
I have developed a module (not my first) on my local install of xoops. Only on moving to the live system and updating the module i get the following error.
Quote:

ERROR: Could not insert template to the database

This was after listing ALL the templates in the modules with 'inserted in database' and 'recompiled'.

I have searched this forum (and the others on this site) and the link to the wiki, but i cannot find a list of error messages and some explanation for them... can anyone point me to this list or explain this error.

Thanks.

sailjapan
Re: Where is a list of the admin errors and what they mean?

suggest you try asking this in the XOOPS Module Development forum. I can move this topic to those forums for you if you like. (pm me if you want)
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

jezjones24
Re: Where is a list of the admin errors and what they mean?
  • 2009/3/31 14:45

• jezjones24

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/23

Well yes if you would not mind... although that would raise another question... where is list of "where to post you questions"...
For this question, i would consider the following forums ;-

2.3.x Support (although the sub heading mentions installation)
Q and A
Fixed Bugs / FAQ (Read-Only)

Without being too critical, is it time to purge some forums or clearly separate 'vanilla users', 'admins', 'developers using XOOPS - modules & themes', 'core developers - being messing with XOOPS itself'

.. since my problem is not with XOOPS but with finding the info to help debug... really i shouldn't need to post to a forum to get an explanation of an error message.

#####################

Just been taking a look at the Module development forum and i dont think this is appropriate for that area, as it is fairly strict about what you should post there... and also suggests other forums to post to... in the meantime is there a link somewhere to the documentation as i am just trying to find the bit of text that 'should' be in a document somewhere describing what causes this error... if an error is generated then someone thought it was worth 'throwing', surely???

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits