bjuti
Re: Plugin for tag module
  • 2009/3/13 19:34

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

So when we could expect beta?

I have little fears.. I suppose that Publisher can import SmartSection articles, but does it work with rewrited urls. Ex. www.mysite.com/articles/article.23.drinking.coffie.html.

What I ment to say: Is it possible to have exactly the same url's if I move to publisher, coz my site is google indexed [that's not a problem], but it's articles are linked on other sites.

I hope that you understand what I'm tryin' to say

Speed
  • 2009/3/13 20:00

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Quote:
I have little fears.. I suppose that Publisher can import SmartSection articles

Import from SmartSection is NOT yet implemented but is on the list of to-do's for the module. I'm hoping they offer imports from Article, News, AMS and SmartSection in the end. And ideally, exporting as well because that's just a nice option for folks that are experimenting.

Now that I think about it, in the most perfect of perfect modules, the importing would include Joomla and Drupal too. :) The easier it is to allow people with established sites to switch, the more likely they will give XOOPS a try. Now if only newBB did that too for phpBB, SMF and maybe the most popular Joomla/Drupal offering....

If you are interested in Publisher, definitely check out the various threads on xuups.com to see what is planned. It's very ambitious and will really move the news/blog functionality of XOOPS forward several leaps.

Speed
  • 2009/3/13 20:03

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Will this help with the SEO question? This is the text from one of the options when creating an article. It has a text box to fill in.
Quote:
Short URL*
When using the SEO features of this module, you can specify a Short URL for this article. This field is optional.

trabis
  • 2009/3/13 21:19

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

bjuti wrote:
So when we could expect beta?

I have little fears.. I suppose that Publisher can import SmartSection articles, but does it work with rewrited urls. Ex. www.mysite.com/articles/article.23.drinking.coffie.html.

What I ment to say: Is it possible to have exactly the same url's if I move to publisher, coz my site is google indexed [that's not a problem], but it's articles are linked on other sites.

I hope that you understand what I'm tryin' to say

If you are using url rewriting then you will have no problem, just change the "module name" in the seo options from publisher to article.

Publisher can be easily cloned in administration, You can make a clone named 'smartsection'. However this will be a problem because you need to remove smartsection first and then you will have nothing to import. This is something I have to think better. Ideally you should be able to import smartsection to publisher, then remove smartsection, and them make a clone of publisher named smartsection with no data loss.

The beta will take some time, first we need to release an alpha! DonĀ“t ask when, there are yet some changes to be done in tables.

McDonald
  • 2009/3/13 23:26

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

MyTube and WF-Links support the Tag 1.60 module including blocks.

bjuti
  • 2009/3/14 1:03

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

@Trabis

Hm.. I know about Publisher, I'm a member of xuups forum :)

The reason why I posted my question here is to notice others that you're making a SS fork :)

On the other hand, I hope that the stabile version come in next few months, coz my smartsection is so hacked, that i couldn't remember what I've hacked

About url rewrite:
@Speed

I know about: "When using the SEO features of this module, you can specify a Short URL for this article. This field is optional."

The problem is to rewrite manually 400 urls ahha :)

pablo103
  • 2010/7/25 22:53

• pablo103

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2008/2/3 1

What about plugin for other popular modules like AMS, piCal ro catads? Does anyone know where can I find them?

iunderwood

It's no so much a plug-in issue ... it's more that module developers need to include the support within the module.

I'm not too sure how easy or difficult this is since none of my modules have a need for tags at this time. (That, and they're pretty niche modules as it is).
++I;
Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

126 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 126

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits