wishcraft
Re: Multixoops - With version 2.3.3 - RC

Quote:

by maxxy on 2009/2/17 20:09:32

i'm waiting for this...hope it can release asap

wishcraft, are you working together with dhsoft (simplexoops) ?

I contacted simplexoops to find out what there views where on multiple domain instancisation but never got a reply.. I did approach them, but for some reason never heard back..

I am not sure how it would work with just a domain module, as many changes have to happen to system as well as the kernel and base classes.
Resized Image
www.ohloh.net/accounts/226400

Follow, Like & Read:-

twitter.com/RegaltyFamily
github.com/Chronolabs-Cooperative
facebook.com/DrAntonyRoberts

wishcraft

Quote:

A couple items I've noticed:

- There is no way to edit a domain
- When I tried to delete a domain it told me that the deletion was successful, but the domain remained in the list

These issue have been addressed, thankyou for your assistance.
Resized Image

sockmonkey
  • 2009/2/27 12:35

• sockmonkey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/6/4 1

Excellent! Thanks for the update, wishcraft. I will definitely try it out.

For future reference, if I find any issues, should I post them here or would you prefer somewhere else? Thanks again for your work on this. :)

iunderwood

Wishcraft,

I had an idea for this since you've got the framework mostly built. Since this switches things up based on a domain name, would it be possible to switch things up based on a user agent?

The reason I'm asking is because it would be sweet to be able to change things if for instance, a mobile web client was being used. For example, the full client on my smartphone is HTC-8500/1.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.8) UP.Link/6.3.1.20.06.3.1.20.0.

Then again, I wonder if it would be easier to issue a redirect to mobile.myxoops.site based on a UA, and maybe make a standalone module to handle that forwarding. Thoughts?
++I;
Resized Image

sockmonkey
  • 2009/2/27 15:29

• sockmonkey

• Just popping in

I've updated to the new version. A couple issues I've found:

1.) Any time I update the system module it wipes out any domains I have created.
2.) Blocks aren't displaying due to an error on the page:
Notice: Undefined index: domains in file /modules/system/admin/blocksadmin/blockform.php line 77

I'm trying to troubleshoot the error, but I thought it might be helpful to post it here as well.

wishcraft

Quote:

by iunderwood on 2009/2/28 0:13:34

Wishcraft,

I had an idea for this since you've got the framework mostly built. Since this switches things up based on a domain name, would it be possible to switch things up based on a user agent?

Np, I have been talking about a 'policy' management system for awhile.. That is something you can define set rules for such as IP, Network information, user agent and so on. It is required more for security in multimode and will also allow for an addressable system for example protector will be able to lock out aggressive IP at a core level even more so that now..

I am hesitate to add more fields though.. But I will be for sometime hovering around in the system management module, I will have to add some tables for a policy system while I am there I am going to be addressing the backend.php issue and having some new xoops_version.php fields added for feeds..

This will be a table called something like prefix_newfeeds which will manage sitemap and RSS feed through module sydnication with the core plateform for reaggregation, similar to the feeds you see when you look at backend you should have a feed based on site totality, or selectable with clauses.

an example of this is with the xcenter module (which however flawed will be address and bug fixed later)..

xoops_version.php - example extensions
// Backend RSS Feed
// Please note **** Module Developers ****
// this will be a new clause in module installations.
$modversion['hasRss'] = 1;
$modversion['rss']['rss_func'][0] = "xcenter_backend_rss";
$modversion['rss']['rss_file'][0] = "include/rss.php";

// Backend Sitemap Feed
$modversion['hasSitemap'] = 1;
$modversion['sitemap']['sitemap_func'][0] = "xcenter_sitemap";
$modversion['sitemap']['sitemap_file'][0] = "include/sitemap.php";
$modversion['sitemap']['sitemap_agent'][0] = "all";

xoops_version.php - example extensions (textual name assignment)
// Backend RSS Feed
$modversion['hasRss'] = 1;
$modversion['rss']['rss_func']['backend_example'] = "xcenter_backend_rss";
$modversion['rss']['rss_file']['backend_example'] = "include/rss.php";

// Backend Sitemap Feed
$modversion['hasSitemap'] = 1;
$modversion['sitemap']['sitemap_func']['sitemap1_xxx'] = "xcenter_sitemap";
$modversion['sitemap']['sitemap_file']['sitemap1_xxx'] = "include/sitemap.php";
$modversion['sitemap']['sitemap_agent']['sitemap1_xxx'] = "all";

If you are wondering about what is a sitemap, it is a type of XML document used by search engines defined at www.sitemap.org
Resized Image

wishcraft

Quote:

by sockmonkey on 2009/2/28 1:29:49

1.) Any time I update the system module it wipes out any domains I have created.
2.) Blocks aren't displaying due to an error on the page:
Notice: Undefined index: domains in file /modules/system/admin/blocksadmin/blockform.php line 77

1) Yeah the update does that, when system or any other module is deleted it erases all configs within it. There is not much you can do about it, possibly it needs to be more selective but I am not going to address this at the moment.

2) You need to add the field 'domains' as a mediumtext to prefix_newblocks make sure you set all the field with and UPDATE prefix_newblocks set `domains` = '|all'; this will resolve this error..

Resized Image

sockmonkey
  • 2009/3/2 20:20

• sockmonkey

• Just popping in

Cool, that got my blocks displaying again. Thanks for that. :)

The bad news is that when I set a block to a specific domain it vanishes and doesn't even appear in the Blocks management module. There's no error, the block just isn't there. It's still in the database and if I set it back to '|all' then it reappears.

Also, now the themes don't seem to work for the different sites. They both settle on the default theme instead. Again, no errors coming up, but it isn't behaving as expected.

wishcraft

Quote:

by sockmonkey on 2009/3/3 6:20:40

Cool, that got my blocks displaying again. Thanks for that. :)

The bad news is that when I set a block to a specific domain it vanishes and doesn't even appear in the Blocks management module. There's no error, the block just isn't there. It's still in the database and if I set it back to '|all' then it reappears.

Also, now the themes don't seem to work for the different sites. They both settle on the default theme instead. Again, no errors coming up, but it isn't behaving as expected.

Yeah I need to adjust the blocking system (you will find it is in focus when you access the blocking system from the domain your assigned to) - I need to add a way of turning off the block selection for the system admin, that will be in the next release.

IF you want to fix this issue with the themes now, you can download this common.php file from the /include path in your installation :http://xoops.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/xoops/XoopsCore/branches/tasks/multi-xoops-wishcraft/htdocs/include/common.php?revision=2887&view=markup

Resized Image

wishcraft
Re: Multixoops - With version 2.3.3.2 - RC

There is a new section added to the system modules (This was requested by iunderwood for access management (this is not implemented yet only the forms have been added.

Here is a screen capture of the 'Access Management'
Resized Image

If you are copying over the previous copy you will need to patch the database with this SQL clause (remember to replace prefix with your prefix.

/*Table structure for table `prefix_newfeeds` */

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `prefix_newfeeds`;

CREATE TABLE `prefix_newfeeds` (
  `
fidint(20unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `
feed_typeenum('rss','sitemap') DEFAULT NULL,
  `
feed_namevarchar(64) DEFAULT NULL,
  `
midint(10) DEFAULT '0',
  `
func_feedvarchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  `
func_filevarchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  `
xml_buffer_updatedint(12) DEFAULT NULL,
  `
xml_buffermediumtext,

PRIMARY KEY (`fid`)
ENGINE=MyISAM;

/*Data for the table `prefix_newfeeds` */

/*Table structure for table `prefix_policies` */

ALTER TABLE `prefix_modulesADD COLUMN (hasrss tinyint(1unsigned NOT NULL default '0');
ALTER TABLE `prefix_modulesADD COLUMN (hassitemap tinyint(1unsigned NOT NULL default '0');

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `prefix_policies`;

CREATE TABLE `prefix_policies` (
  `
pcidint(20unsigned NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `
namevarchar(128) DEFAULT 'Default',
  `
ipstartvarchar(16) DEFAULT '0.0.0.0',
  `
ipendvarchar(16) DEFAULT '255.255.255.255',
  `
statusenum('open','closed','redirect','hold','sleep') DEFAULT 'open',
  `
agentsvarchar(255) DEFAULT '*',
  `
networknamesmediumtext,
  `
groupsvarchar(250) DEFAULT '1|2|3',
  `
protocolvarchar(128) DEFAULT 'HTTPS|HTTP',
  `
modulesvarchar(250) DEFAULT '1',
  `
redirect_urlvarchar(255) DEFAULT NULL,
  `
redirect_messagevarchar(255) DEFAULT 'Due to policy setting you are being redirected.',
  `
redirect_timeint(2) DEFAULT '5',
  `
domainsmediumtext,
  `
xml_confmediumtext,

PRIMARY KEY (`pcid`)
ENGINE=MyISAM;

/*Data for the table `prefix_policies` */

insert  into 

`prefix_policies`(`pcid`,`name`,`ipstart`,`ipend`,`status`,`agents`,`networknames`,`groups`,`protocol`,`modules`,`redirect_u

rl
`,`redirect_message`,`redirect_time`,`domains`,`xml_conf`) values 

(1,'Default','0.0.0.0','255.255.255.255','open','*','*','1|2|3','HTTPS|HTTP','pm|profile|system','','',5,'all',NULL);

Download MultiXoops 2.3.3.2 RC fromhttp://bin.chronolabs.org.au/multixoops-2.3.3.2-RC.zip (2.x Mbs)

This version also includes the sitemap.php and backend.php modified to support on module installation the propogation of functions for sitemaps and RSS sydnication throughout the system.
Resized Image

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits