• Since: 2005/3/30

moved to higer level topic - sorry

Xavier
Re: Wiwimod
  • 2009/2/15 22:28

• Xavier

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/12

Hi; i am so glad to see continued interest for Wiwimod.
I've been off quite a long time, and will probably be for a while still...

Sorry Skenow i didn't see before your PM, i would have surely answered before (maybe a "mail relay" option on pms would be a good idea but that's another subject )

I was feeling a bit guilty for not taking time to deliver support, and it was a true relief discovering that you've been taking things in hands. Time for transition has come.

So long life to simplyWiki (nice name indeed ) ; i'll contact you soonly to see how we can help transition).

I would like to give special thanks here to Gizmhail, who had for long time taken the relay in enhancing the product and supporting users in both the dev site and the main site ;

And of course to Simon Bünzli, the author of "wikimod" from which wiwimod originally derived.

This was for me a fantastic experience, to see how a simple and humble work can benefit, in such a short time, and with such an efficiency, from worldwide contributions.

Xoops was surely the right community to start and to stick with !!

skenow
  • 2009/2/16 4:48

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Thank you, Xavier, for your kind words. I have replied to you by email, as requested in your PM.

SimplyWiki 1.1 is going beta and could use some additional review.

Regards -
Steve

JDLamb
  • 2009/2/16 12:58

• JDLamb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/11/10

Glad to hear this great module has a new adopted parent. It is the most important module on my site.

I will let you know what I think when I have had a chance to play around with it.

skenow
  • 2009/2/25 2:55

• skenow

• Home away from home

@Xavier - I replied to the email address in your PM as you requested - have you received it?

I have started a beta release of SimplyWiki 1.1 and the RC release is soon to follow and I already have plans for 1.2 - are you interested in rejoining, or have other things come up?

Anonymous
  • 2009/2/25 9:16

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
skenow wrote:

SimplyWiki 1.1 is going beta and could use some additional review.

I have it installed on my local machine via xampp - very impressive and the new features are very worthwhile additions, especially the "Create a new page" feature and the ability to choose your own start-page.

Xoopseditors now work

I really like this module - so much easier for the end-user than the other wiki systems and it looks like it "belongs" rather than looking like a third-party plug-in.

skenow
  • 2009/2/26 2:29

• skenow

• Home away from home

Quote:

JAVesey wrote:

Xoopseditors now work

The only time I have had problems with this was when there was a conflict with other modules that have an editor selector (Article) - if you run into this, clear a cookie named 'editor' and try again.

Quote:

I really like this module - so much easier for the end-user than the other wiki systems and it looks like it "belongs" rather than looking like a third-party plug-in.

Thanks - one of the main reasons I like it too - a native module always looks and integrates much better than a bridge.

I also find it one of the easiest ways to add and link pages.

skenow
  • 2009/3/3 2:30

• skenow

• Home away from home

Only 1 person providing feedback from here (JAVesey) and he's helped identify a small date/time issue in admin, which I've already fixed. Any other feedback?

Anonymous
  • 2009/3/3 9:28

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
skenow wrote:

Only 1 person providing feedback from here (JAVesey) and he's helped identify a small date/time issue in admin, which I've already fixed. Any other feedback?

I've been testing it out on my local machine and haven't found anything else as yet. All the new stuff (captcha, "create new page" box, etc) are working fine on my local machine (using xampp).

The admin/date issue was minor and was a carry over from SimplyWiki 1.0 - everything is okay on the userside.

Will be giving the beta a good work-out tomorrow evening before installing it on my test-site (on live server). I'm not expecting to find anything else amiss

cath22
  • 2009/3/17 13:01

• cath22

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/24

I'll be testing aswell, you will hear from me in a few days if i find something.

Greetz
Cath
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits