Runeher
Re: XOOPSdemos close your site !
  • 2009/1/10 10:58

• Runeher

• Module Developer

• Since: 2008/1/24

Quote:
Remove modules with known exploits as contenuedo, spaw editor, etc.

There should be a thread with these modules listed, so that people don't install them...

lapsa2000
  • 2009/1/11 20:17

• lapsa2000

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/10/27

Quote:

hackbrill wrote:
Perhaps you could require all users to register first and grant privileges accordingly. It is just a shame to lose such a valuable resource. Just my opinion :)

it's a good idea, which module can I use for this? style invitation...
Persevera...y seguiras
Perseverando !!!

hackbrill
  • 2009/1/11 22:41

• hackbrill

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/7/14

Quote:

lapsa2000 wrote:
Quote:

hackbrill wrote:
Perhaps you could require all users to register first and grant privileges accordingly. It is just a shame to lose such a valuable resource. Just my opinion :)

it's a good idea, which module can I use for this? style invitation...

System>Groups> and modify the Anonymous Group so that they have no Module Access rights.

We all feel your pain and realize the effort you put in to your site. I have just a few modules installed and feel it's a pain in the butt just to keep those updated.

Your server logs and protector are your best assets in discovering what modules may be at risk for security holes. The hackers will always know what modules they can use for their malicious scripts.

vamptrix
  • 2009/3/1 9:22

• vamptrix

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/5/3 1

Quote:
There should be a thread with these modules listed, so that people don't install them...

That's where I would use SpreadXOOPS for too: it would contain info about how you would set up a XOOPS site, an up-to-date module list (with only the latest modules that don't have leaks), and things like that... XOOPS needs that!
I used to use this account, but no longer.

DonCurioso

I think everybody don't lose more time with this idea. It was hacked&site admin only was crying for every places (search it on Google!), i don't know why. If he wasn't willing to take the risk, why did waste time so many people? Become a site admin for community need more than a domain&idea, that's my suggestion. I told same to Lapsa on own language, but he couldn't understand it.

No more vaporwebsites, please! Community has got more things to do than lose time with this.

Aren't you agree with me? This is my oppinion, not yours, please, respect it.
HispaXoops | Xoops EspaƱa

That's the way i like it! | Nada mejor que una Alhambra bien helada con aceitunas...

Login

Who's Online

90 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 90

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits