enigmatik2
Can't edit site - no "preferences" in admin
  • 2009/2/23 17:01

• enigmatik2

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/23

I installed xoops, but when I click on "admin", the only thing that shows up is system overview and "Installed php extensions". There is no Preferences or General Settings or edit. I can't set up my site. I've spent hours searching for a solution and can't find one. Can you tell me how to start editing my site? http://www.aboveandbeyondonline.com

zyspec
Re: Can't edit site - no "preferences" in admin
  • 2009/2/23 17:42

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

Are you sure you followed all the installation instructions? You can find them here. It sounds like the permissions on the cache/templates directories may not be set correctly.

Anonymous
  • 2009/2/23 18:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

sounds to me like you have installed XOOPS correctly and have reached the Admin panel alright. You are probably seeing the default admin theme.

On the left hand side of the screen, is there a grey panel with "menu" visible? If so, is there a link called "System"?

Click on the "System" link - now what do you see?

I've visited your site and it looks to have installed okay. You need to install some modules to the basis XOOPS framework that you have installed. What do you want to have on your site? Information, calendar, forums, photo gallery?

Let us know what you want and we'll point you in the right direction and get you started.

Did you install the Protector module that come with xoops? Click on the "System" link and then on "Modules". What do you see?

enigmatik2
  • 2009/2/24 13:59

• enigmatik2

• Just popping in

Thank you so very, very much! I had two of the directories writeable but not all of them. Once I chmoded the other directories, the preferences links showed up. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

enigmatik2
  • 2009/2/24 14:02

• enigmatik2

• Just popping in

Thank you for responding. Yes, protector is there in the modules section. I want to put in different modules, like a calendar and such. I want to have a "members only area" that contains info, videos, etc. that only registered members can access. I used to always use phpnuke. Is that possible with xoops?

zyspec
  • 2009/3/3 15:31

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

enigmatik2,

Glad you were able to get it working. Yes, you can make a members only area with calendars, videos, galleries, polls, whatever you want. You can control access to each module by group so you can restrict certain areas even further if you want. For example many of the picture galleries allow you to limit who has access to specific 'categories' or 'albums'. Good luck!

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits