billm75
User Profiles - Facebook style
  • 2009/2/8 18:19

• billm75

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/8 1

Hi everyone, I'm very new to xoops. Have been reading up on it a little throughout the past month and have decided to go ahead and install to give it a try.

Since I can only work in my spare time with this new platform, I was hoping maybe some kind soul could point me in the right direction here.

I want to set up a youth athlete web site, where users can register an account, set up their own facebook style profile page with links to their video clips and image files. I would also like to allow them to upload their personal stats from their games and events.

Is there a module available that would at least get me started in that direction? I understand that there's not a specific module to do all these things in one package, but a launching point would be greatly appreciated. I may wind up having to contract out the coding for my specific needs, but would like to try something that's already sitting out there and could be tweaked to my needs.

I appreciate everyone's efforts with the XOOPS project and hope to be a long time supporter myself.

JDLamb
Re: User Profiles - Facebook style
  • 2009/2/16 16:19

• JDLamb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/11/10

I haven't tried it myself, but does yoghurt have such things?

sadistiko
  • 2009/2/16 21:49

• sadistiko

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/13

Yogurt have almost all you need. Only part with stats from games can't make with yogurt module. But maybe some other modlu can cover this part.
Croatian Xoops support site:
www.xoopshr.org
Lowcost linux hosting:
www.adpgroup.hr

chefry
  • 2009/2/26 20:29

• chefry

• Home away from home

• Since: 2006/10/14

There was a module, i think called userpage, that allowed each user to create their own page. of course, not as elaborately as Facebook, but they could have a blog and photos

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits