ghia
Re: Recent topics block will not show on top page
  • 2009/2/14 16:21

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
I dont have a usergroup choice at that part of admin.My permissions exist in cbb permissions. I have no block permissions choice whatsoever.
Is this a XOOPS 2.2.x feature to have user permissions per block?Resized Image

ghia
  • 2009/2/15 11:59

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Anyway it is not necessary to have module admin rights to view a block and you should switch it off for the groups that don't qualify.

I know that other users have reported this kind of problems. It seems that in the case of additional user groups, the permission system does not check the highest allowable permission for a group.

Try once with making a user member of 1 group only (or making him part of all allowable groups).

I think someone of the core should look into your system to determine the cause of this rare bug.

ibleedv20
  • 2009/2/16 18:53

• ibleedv20

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2009/1/9 1

Yes the only way to allow users to see the block is to give them admin rights over the recent posts block.This is no good for reg members and anonymous users.If I can provide anything to clarify this problem or to double check the accuracy of this issue I will do so.I will try making a user group with 1 member again and give that member view only permission.

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits