everwy
Any blocks to show new products in the top page for Xosc?
  • 2009/2/8 13:09

• everwy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/8 1

Hi all,
I just installed Xosc 0.73 on my XOOPS 2.32b and it works fine except I can't find a block to show new products in the top page?
Is there any block in the Xosc to show new products? If not, How could I make it? thanks

ghia
Re: Any blocks to show new products in the top page for Xosc?
  • 2009/2/8 19:13

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

everwy, welcome on the XOOPS forum!

If you do not find the required block among the blocks listed for the module in admin blocks manager, then you have to adapt it for your own.

If you look in xoops_version.php, then you see some blocks defined. Copy a block with a similar function and looks and add it in the list with the next consecutive number.
Rename all referred items (constants, files) as xxxx_newprod_xxxxx.
Copy the used constants in the language files and make the same rename and adapt the texts.
Copy the used files and make the same rename and adapt the code. For the query, you can mostly do a select on the autoincrement field (eg prodid) for the product table (see mysql.sql) and specify a
order by prodid desc
clause.

everwy
Re: Any blocks to show new products in the top page for Xosc?
  • 2009/2/9 22:44

• everwy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/2/8 1

Great thanks for your help ghia, but I haven't make it yet. I try to change some files like what you said, but I find it is impossible for me to make it run due to my zero knowledge of php. I need more detailed help. Could you please locate which files and which function need to be added and changed?

Login

Who's Online

483 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 483

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits