marlisekuehn
localhost works, on intranet only half works

I have everything setup and ready to go on the localhost. It is working great on the localhost, all images show up, dms working, however, when I try to access XOOPS from a networked computer, I get basic html look, images are not showing up and references are to /localhost. Where do I change this? Thanks in advance.
Marlise

ghia
Re: localhost works, on intranet only half works
  • 2009/2/5 18:08

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

In /mainfile.php change localhost by the IP number (or the name) the other computers on the intranet use to surf to the site.

Peekay
  • 2009/2/5 23:33

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

The DHCP feature on your router will allocate each computer with an address like 192.168.1.123.

To find out the address in Windows XP, choose Start/Run and type 'command'. When the command shell appears, type:

ipconfig /all

The IP address for that PC is shown in the details that appear.

Apparently (although I can't confirm it at present) you can do the same in Windows Vista. Type 'cmd' in the Search Box under the Start Menu and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter in order to launch the command prompt administrative privileges.

As ghia says, to preview your site across the LAN, you need to use this address instead of localhost in mainfile.php (and wherever a path is specified in Xoops).
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

ghia
  • 2009/2/6 8:50

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
The DHCP feature on your router will allocate each computer with an address like 192.168.1.123.
The server should not be getting an IP address of the DHCP, but have assigned a fixed one outside the DHCP range.

marlisekuehn

Update.
Ok, well, the problem was because when I downloaded xoops, and extracted it into windows it blocked the files. I had to fix the blocking of files, then reinstall. windows sucks.
Thanks all for your help!

Marlise

Login

Who's Online

303 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 303

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits