caek9
"You do not have permission to access this area" loop on registering or retrieving lost password
  • 2009/1/31 23:25

• caek9

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/7/9 2

My visitors are unable to register with my website or even retrieve their passwords. If they click either options they get an infinite loop telling them "You do not have permission to access this area...redirect in 5 seconds etc"

Any ideas what could be causing this?

caek9
Re: "You do not have permission to access this area" loop on registering or retrieving lost password
  • 2009/2/6 0:13

• caek9

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2008/7/9 2

I tried to reinstall XOOPS with no success. It's really important that users can register on my website. Any one have an idea as to what could be causing this?

ghia
Re: "You do not have permission to access this area" loop on registering or retrieving lost password
  • 2009/2/6 8:02

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Do anonymous users have access to the profile module (admin module group permissions)?

PierreWerner

wow, incredible Ghia. I had disabled the "extended profile" option for annonymous users thinking that I didn't want annon users to access members info with registering and that caused the loop.

Thank You Buddy,
Pierre Werner

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits