Mazarin
Notifications not added to user
  • 2009/1/28 23:53

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2008/12/10

I use 2.3.2b and have encountered a problem with notifications. No matter which kind of registered user I am, from just a plain registered user to webmaster, whenever I try to add a notification, I just get redirected back to the main page. Occasionally I also get a brief message that I'm not authorized to see that section.

I've checked all the notification settings in the modules (news, extgallery, and extcal in this case) and they all allow notifications, but the result is the same no matter which module I try to add notifications from. I just get redirected back and no notifications are added.

I've tried to check a few things and it seems that I get "thrown out" at the section starting on line 57 in the xoops_root\include\notification_update.php. But that's where my understanding ends as I can't figure out why I don't pass the securitycheck when I'm the admin of the site and have all possible permissions? Any suggestions as to what could be the problem? Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here?

ghia
Re: Notifications not added to user
  • 2009/1/29 1:12

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Is /language/yourlanguage/notification.php present?
are the group permissions for module access to the profile module set for all user groups?
Is your user setting (see example here below) set to receive notifications by email.
The not authorised message, should show only, if you are not logged in.

Mazarin
  • 2009/1/29 7:48

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

Yes, the notification.php file for Swedish is there.

Yes, the access is set for all relevant user groups (especially for me as admin).

Yes, the user setting is set to receive notifications by e-mail.

To clarify, it's not that it just doesn't send the e-mail, it's that the notification doesn't even get registered to the user, so I have no notifications selected when I check the notifications of my users.

The not authorized message only shows up once or twice the first time you try to do it in the extgallery module. For all others, I just get redirected. You are welcome to register a user onhttp://mazarin.dyndns.org and try to add a notification on the bottom of the front page. It's in Swedish, but I think you can figure out what to do (user registration is "Användarregistrering").

Mazarin
  • 2009/1/29 20:27

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

I think we can disregard the not authorized message, as I believe those are related to the redirect in extGallery going to a non-existing page.

That leaves us with just the general redirect, which I assume is stemming from the code which I refer to in the first post?

Mazarin
  • 2009/1/29 21:50

• Mazarin

• Just can't stay away

OK, now I've verified that it doesn't work regardless of language.

I've also verified that it is this function that returns false and throws me out of notification_update.php
!$GLOBALS['xoopsSecurity']->check()

Now, isn't this a general function to check if a user is authorized to access a certain page or module? I can see from the code that it lets me through on a number of other pages, but why the heck can't any user register any notification in any module? Is there some general notification setting for all users that I am not aware of?

Login

Who's Online

178 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 178

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits