vikrant
MXDirectory Listing display problem
  • 2009/1/25 8:05

• vikrant

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/9

Dear Xoopzens,
i have recently installed Mxdirectory and am trying to transfer my data in Excel to this, I have successfully created category and am also able to transfer CSV data to the xdir_links table.
But the problem is that the listing does not display on the main page or on the singlelisting page.
But the data is uploaded on the SQL table, also the Title is visible on "recent Listings"
I have a huge data to be uploaded close to 1800 entries in almost 18 category.
Need some solution urgently.
Regard
Vikrant

zyspec
Re: MXDirectory Listing display problem
  • 2009/1/26 15:41

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

vikrant,

You may try turning on PHP debug and see what errors you're receiving.

I suspect that the problem is caused by not having a corresponding entry in the xdir_text table for each entry in the xdir_links table - even if the contents are blank there should be an index for every link.

vikrant
  • 2009/1/27 7:03

• vikrant

• Just popping in

Dear Zyspec,
How do i overcome this problem shall i make seperate CSV file and correspond it to the Xdir_text so that the things can be solved.
Please suggest
Regards
Vikrant

zyspec
  • 2009/1/27 15:17

• zyspec

• Module Developer

Creating a seperate CSV file and importing it to the xdir_text table would work or you can also fill it directly using phpMyAdmin / MySQL directives - either should work as long as the index is created correctly and matches the xdir_links table.

vikrant
Re: MXDirectory Listing Link problem
  • 2009/1/28 4:25

• vikrant

• Just popping in

Dear Zyspec,
I could upload all the data thanks for the help as i could upload the data is hours which might have taken days.
Secondly the weblinks dislpayed when clicked opens up as follows:www.mydomain.com/modules/mxdirectory/www.listingdomain.com
I tried searching it from Singlelink.php but everything is hidden into some other file.
Can you suggest how can i overcome this problem.
Regards
Vikrant

zyspec
  • 2009/1/28 15:28

• zyspec

• Module Developer

vikrant,

Can you give me a couple of examples of what you put into the 'url' field in your CSV file before it was imported to xdir_links table that are giving you this problem? This might help me understand what's happening.

vikrant
  • 2009/1/28 16:36

• vikrant

• Just popping in

Dear Zyspec,
This is what is been added to the SQL table

INSERT INTO `x4fa_xdir_links` (`lid`, `cid`, `cidalt1`, `cidalt2`, `cidalt3`, `cidalt4`, `title`, `address`, `address2`, `city`, `state`, `zip`, `country`, `mfhrs`, `sathrs`, `sunhrs`, `phone`, `fax`, `mobile`, `home`, `tollfree`, `email`, `url`, `admcontname`, `admcontnumb`, `logourl`, `submitter`, `status`, `date`, `hits`, `rating`, `votes`, `comments`, `premium`) VALUES

(338, 286, 282, 0, 0, 0, 'MyCompany', '12, Mystreet, Myaddress,', '', 'Some text', 'Some text', '123456', '', '', '', '', '+91-422-2695830', '+91-(0)123-4567890', '', '', '', 'myemailatyahoo.co.in', 'www.mysite.com', 'Mr. Partner', '+91-123-4567890', '', 0, 1, 1234567890, 4, 0.0000, 0, 0, 1),

Hope the data is fine.
Regards
Vikrant

Edited by Ghia for privacy reasons.

zyspec
  • 2009/1/29 20:31

• zyspec

• Module Developer

I believe the problem is that the 'url' value is seen as a relative value instead of an absolute value. This is because the url value doesn't start with 'http://'.

One way I can think of to try and correct this now that the data is already in the database it to do the following:

In ./singlelink.php after line 122
//Adding record related template items

add:
$url preg_replace(/^[wW]{3}__./,'http://www.',$url);

Take out the '__' in the line above and replace it with a '\'. I had to do this so XOOPS forum would display it correctly.

I haven't tried this but what it should do is check to see if the $url starts with 'www.' and replace it with 'http://www.' if it does. This should turn the link url into an absolute value instead of a relative link.

The only other thing I could think of now that the values are already in the database is to write a custom script to actually change the values in the database.

Edited: Forum changed code so had to edit it to trick forum code

vikrant
Re: MXDirectory Listing how to alter display results
  • 2009/2/15 15:30

• vikrant

• Just popping in

Dear All,
I am looking to make some changes in display of the MxDirectory. The details are as below:
1) The "Sponsor Listing" should display on top of each category irrespective its position on page. Example if there is a listing with "Zxxxx" the sponsor listing will display only on the last page, it should display on the top of all pages in that category display.
2) The listings are indexed by default on Alphabetical order I would like to change the default with respect to Date or Rating.
3) The title in the Single listing displays as "Module Name" "category title" "Listing Title" "site name" i would like to have something like "Listing Name" "category Title".
Is there any way we can use FCK editor in this module.
Also I would like to Rename "Coupon" to "special Today" how can i do it.
Thanking in advance.
Vikrant

Login

Who's Online

260 user(s) are online (185 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 260

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits