• Since: 2007/10/28

agree 100% with tzvook

ghia
Re: Extanded profile module
  • 2009/1/8 2:04

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Did you check out this hack from XOOPS China?

Maybe for export it could be added to the user profile search by adding a button that provides the export of all the data for the selected users?

tzvook
  • 2009/1/8 7:20

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

10x sarahmx

Quote:

ghia wrote:
Did you check out this hack from XOOPS China?

Maybe for export it could be added to the user profile search by adding a button that provides the export of all the data for the selected users?

Yes, but again - I think the "profile" module is the most important module in the system, and should include powerful features like import/export users , mass-actions on selected users , ability to control not just the registrations field - but also the registration mail - what will be sent to the admins and what to the users (fields, custom massages and so ...

A big part of a XOOPS site is it's users and the system as is is not giving a decent solution for it !!!

we're all here to contribute and each has his point-of-view on the system (what's good and what's bad) and this is my point of view - I always try not to look from the developer or the admin perspective - but to look from the site-admin or the user perspective ...

I'm not looking for a tmp solution for my current needs , but for improved ability for Xoops.
phpMyAdmin is the solution for me right now, but whenever I use it - I think - "gosh - this things should be part of the system"

redheadedrod

Well I have been looking for a project to get my feet wet with XOOPS development and I have my own project I wanted to build a new profile module for so maybe this is a good project to take on..

I haven't programmed in php seriously as of yet but have spent many years writing software in a variety of languages... Been stocking up on PHP books as of late so this shouldn't be a big deal...

I was considering a total rewrite of the module to incorporate some serious community site support.

Should be a learning experience...

Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

tzvook
  • 2009/1/23 0:29

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

redheadedrod wrote:
I was considering a total rewrite of the module to incorporate some serious community site support.

That would be very interesting !!!

redheadedrod
Re: Expanded profile module

Well I am looking to provide yogurt type functions to core...

Trying to get a handle on how modules are written for XOOPS right now..

I have been out of the loop about 10 years but I have done some serious programming in the past so once I get the handle on how this stuff works shouldn't be a big deal...

(software that was a decade ahead of its time and caused some uproar in the industry I wrote it for.. But that was almost 20 years ago now and won a second place award in an industry laboratory magazine for most innovative software of the year.. This stuff is pretty new to me and I will need a little learning curve to go through before I am up to speed.)

If you are waiting for me to get it done though it may take a little while.. Going to write a couple modules from scratch and tweak with what is here already.. See where that gets me...

There really isn't any documentation I can see for how to write modules other then the api stuff... So I am going to have to fumble my way around...

I have some seriously interesting ideas for future expansion if possible but I won't share those ideas here.. I need to get something going and figure out where to go from here.

Again, I figure it will take me 2-3 months to get up to speed with the system then see where it goes...

Ok, found the module development Wiki...

Now to wiggle this in my 65 hours a work week and being a single parent... ;)
Attending College working towards Bachelors in Software Engineering and Network Security.

tzvook
  • 2009/1/24 19:31

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

redheadedrod wrote:
If you are waiting for me to get it done though it may take a little while.. Going to write a couple modules from scratch and tweak with what is here already.. See where that gets me...

Were here for a long time .... most xoopers do ....

redheadedrod

I will be starting a new thread to gain ideas for changes to make. As it looks now I will be making stepping stone modifications and potentially a total rewrite once I fully understand how the modules operate. But I will be modifying/rewriting the PM as well as the Extended Profiles Modules to support various things..

Again I don't want to turn this thread into something different so I will start a new thread for ideas what to add...

I will write these "new" modules with the intent of it eventually going to core hopefully.

Anonymous
  • 2009/2/3 10:21

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
redheadedrod wrote:

I will write these "new" modules with the intent of it eventually going to core hopefully.

Please speak to the core devs sooner rather than later

good luck with the modules

jegelstaff

Quote:

nmshah wrote:
there was some module from freeformsolutions which needs to be installed with formulize module, i think it was called reg codes but not sure. If you use them together for handling user registration, then formulize can export the data in csv format if i am not mistaken.

That is correct. It works with 2.3 as well, although because you have to upload some custom versions of core files, and they're based on the old 2.0 branch, some links in your site don't work as expected, ie: registration links need to all point to the register.php file that Reg Codes uses, and the profile links will need to point to the old userinfo and edituser files, etc.

For more info, see our website (www.freeformsolutions.ca/formulize) and/or post in the forums there if you have questions.

Thanks, take it easy,

--Julian
Technical Architect - Freeform Solutions
Formulize - custom registration forms, ad hoc forms and reports

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits