fungus
iMenu 3.0 and XOOPS 2.3.2b
  • 2009/1/7 14:19

• fungus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/10/15

This is not so much a beginner question, but maybe I am just missing something.

I have a live test site which is using iMenu (well if I could only see it) and using XOOPS 2.3.2b

I am puzzled as all the other modules i can see, yet the iMenu module is not appearing.

I have used the iMenu module on another site without issue but that was an earlier version of XOOPS and iMenu. Anyone else tred this? in the interium I will be testing in a sandbox locally to see if it is a host thing.

no replies needed just yet unless someone has had the same problem or can confirm that iMenu works fine with 2.3.2b thanks... :)

--UPDATE--
I tried it on the local machine here, same thing... iMenu does not appear to like XOOPS 2.3.2b I will keep digging to see what i cn find out, but any ideas or anyone willing to try.. please do.. :)
Hmmm... Why do I have so many screws left over?

fungus
Re: iMenu 3.0 and XOOPS 2.3.2b
  • 2009/1/9 15:10

• fungus

• Just popping in

would have edited the previous post but option has disappeared on me... hmmm

Anyway I am going to try upgrading a previous version of iMenu to ver 3 on XOOPS 2.0.16 to see if that shows any issues then check out my options....

-- UPDATE --

Ok, I got a local copy of 2.0.16 and installed iMenu 3.0, it has the link in the admin console to add a new link, in 2.3.2b admin console it had preferences, no link adding option.

fungus
Re: iMenu 3.0 and XOOPS 2.3.2b
  • 2009/1/11 20:19

• fungus

• Just popping in

OK, Got it I think...

It was a noob mistake...

In 2.3.x it has only prefences for iMenu in the admin console, when you slect it the option there is a yes/no, and for some reason the default answer with no menus created would seem to dump me back to the main admin console. So by selecting the other option it then gave me the optin to create a new line, once there was a menu item it did not matter... now I have not gone too far into trying to understand what the below means, I will be testing later, or it may not have an impact on my menu system (which is what I suspect as I dont really have any sub menus, well not yet)

"Send all sub links to the template?

Normally, only the "current" section of the menu has its sub links sent to the template for display on the screen. However, if you are using a menu structure that must always render all sub links for all parts of the menu, then you should turn on this option and alter the iMenu template to accomodate all the sub links."

So there you have it, a noob mistake, but now I can refer back to my own noob-ness

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits