toddherrold
Comments Not Displaying after recreating groups_users_link table

I did an extensive search but couldn't find any posts that address the problem with my site. Hoping someone can assist.

The problem is that comments are no longer displaying on my site, like in xcgal. I checked the dbase and they are all still in there. They just won't display. I can still enter a new comment into the dbase too.

This happened when I was fixing another issue with users not being able to log in. Somehow the groups_users_link table got deleted, so users started setting up new accounts.

I recreated the link table by simply building a list of userids up to the numbers that were in the link table already. This enabled everyone to log in again.

Then I noticed some spammers and deleted a couple of accounts.

Then I noticed the comments stopped displaying. I ran debug but didn't see anything obvious to me.

Could the comments issue be related to me recreating the groups_users_link table? And since I just made a list of numbers 1 - 6519 or so for userids and applied group 2 to these. . is it possible that i input userids that should not exist and these are somehow messing the comments up?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

the site is hotdogblog.com

trabis
Re: Comments Not Displaying after recreating groups_users_link table
  • 2009/1/11 13:39

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

Could the comments issue be related to me recreating the groups_users_link table? And since I just made a list of numbers 1 - 6519 or so for userids and applied group 2 to these. . is it possible that i input userids that should not exist and these are somehow messing the comments up?

I don´t see any relation, even if you deleted all users from your site (or change permissions) the comments would still be there and displaying 'anonymous' as the submitter.

This seems to be something else. Have you made changes in modules or comments table? Maybe in xcGal?

toddherrold

no, no changes to anything other than the group_users_link table and deleting those users. I suppose it's possible that the comments were not displaying before and I just didn't notice.

If anyone is interested in earning a little cash, I am willing to pay someone to figure out what the problem is and fix it. It's probably something stupid and minor, but I'm not enough of a programmer to figure it out.

Thanks!

ghia
  • 2009/1/11 15:05

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

In XcGal there are module preferences for comments.
are other modules also affected (eg News)?

toddherrold

yes, the comments don't appear to be showing in any module. I tested this in smartsection. When I posted a comment, I got a white page, then resent and got "no valid security token". . though the comments posted to the dbase, they do not display.

toddherrold

upon submitting a comment in smartsection, i get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: smartsection_seo_genurl() in . . ./htdocs/hotdogblog/modules/smartsection/include/notification.inc.php on line 48
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/smartsection/xoops_version.php line 527
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/smartsection/xoops_version.php line 527

toddherrold

I also get these notices in xcgal:

Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file include/comment_view.php line 85

ghia
  • 2009/1/11 15:40

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

What module versions do you have?
In the database the comments should have their com_status field set to 2.

trabis
  • 2009/1/11 16:02

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Good thing that it is only affecting flat view :)
We can eliminate a table problem. Maybe something has changed in your php version(server).
What XOOPS version are you using?
I´ll need ftp access and access to debug to help you further.

toddherrold

modules versions:
smartsection 1.05
xcgal 2.02

I think i'm on XOOPS 2.2 something. . i know i never upgraded to 2.3.

com_status is set to 2 on comments in dbase

Login

Who's Online

213 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 213

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits