hackbrill
XAMPP Lite and Local XOOPS installation

I'm having a problem with my local test site running under XAMPP Lite. The local installation was setup by copying the remote files and database backup to the local installation.

Everything was running perfectly until I attempted to install altsys. Altsys caused modules waiting for installation to disappear, so I deleted the local site and started over. Now everything is fine except for the admin area. I can login and access the admin area but once I try to access a link such as System>modules; I am redirected to the admin area of my remote site hxxp:/mysite.com/modules/system/admin.php?fct=modulesadmin instead of hxxp:/localhost/mylocalsite/system/admin.php?fct=modulesadmin. This happens with every link within admin. I have racked my brain trying to figure this one out and I hope someone here has experienced the same problem and can help me because this makes my local test site unusable.

It's not like I am being locked out of my website or even locked out of admin; I'm just being transferred to my remote site.

I am running XOOPS 2.3.2b on XAMPP lite with protector installed.

Thanks in advance for your help.

ghia
Re: XAMPP Lite and Local XOOPS installation
  • 2009/1/8 2:50

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Did you delete the cache files?

hackbrill

Quote:

ghia wrote:
Did you delete the cache files?

Thanks for the quick response and yes I did delete the cache.

I noticed that the files I downloaded from my remote site had an .htaccess that I removed from the root. If I move it back into the root, I am redirected to my remote site upon typing localhost/mylocalsite into a browser. I looked in the /system folder but couldn't find an .htaccess that might cause this behavior.
The .htaccess looks like this:
php_flag register_globals off

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^mysite\.com
RewriteRule (.*)http://mysite.com/$1 [R=301,L]

Which if I'm not mistaken is just supposed to eliminate the www from the url.

Thanks for your help.

hackbrill

I noticed that if I mouse over any quick links below System such as: modules or preferences; I show the url to my remote site. So it's natural that after clicking the link, I would be sent to my remote site. Is there a way to edit those links so they point to the local installation? Is that information in the database?

hackbrill

Here is the fix:

I typed the correct url into the browser address bar ie., hxxp:/localhost/mylocalsite/system/admin.php?fct=modulesadmin which then gave me access to the system module. I then updated the system module and it repaired all the links in the admin area so that they all now point to my local installation. In retrospect, it's was an easy fix that I should have noticed to begin with.

Login

Who's Online

151 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 151

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits