ghia
Re: Themes look different with IE ..
  • 2008/12/23 0:21

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
Also - your views on cross-browser compatibility is unrealistic.
The view is my own!
Quote:
Are you saying that XOOPS only supports Firefox?
No, only that it is easier to develop one for FF, because more things from the W3C standards work as expected. If you follow some of the Google links, you will see that IE needs more tweaking. And altough Linux and Mac surfers are a minority, FF has the benefit of being cross platform.

fakeuoutb
  • 2008/12/24 5:13

• fakeuoutb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/12/13

I think we can both agree that FF interprets the xhtml and css in a more logical way - I am not arguing that.

However I see you badge here is community support member - and your suggestion was to say oh well and put a banner on my site saying that it only looks good in IE.

My client runs IE6 - this is a corporate website on most of the computers in their building (as do most companies still). So I am just saying that is both unwise and unprofessional to tell people to just forget about IE.

-Aaron

ghia
  • 2008/12/24 10:15

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
However I see you badge here is community support member - and your suggestion was to say oh well and put a banner on my site saying that it only looks good in IE FF.
And as you say it was a suggestion. And making useful suggestions, that is what I'm doing here some time and why the badge was attributed to me (I didn't ask for it!).
Some suggestions work better than other and some don't.
A lot depends on the situtation the TS is in, which is mosttimes very limited explained and/or understood.
Quote:
My client runs IE6 - this is a corporate website on most of the computers in their building (as do most companies still). So I am just saying that is both unwise and unprofessional to tell people to just forget about IE.
Totally agree!
I was talking about sites for the general public.
If you have a paying customer then you should do everything necessary to accomodate him and then you can not simply say that if you want the info on the site and in the nicest way, you better use FF.
I hope you have calculated the IE adaptions in your offer or didn't promise too fancy things.

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits