stefan88
Re: I'm Lost! Starting a Xoops site.
  • 2008/12/14 7:46

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

did you downloaded it from here:http://www.themesbase.com/?category=XOOPS

Then it is what is called a THEME and it is diferent from TEMPLATE. You do not use admin/templates to upload a theme. To do it:

-extract files and folders from the zip to your local hard drive;

-upload folder of the theme (it will have theme.html file inside with some other files and folders and will be the theme name) to your web server in themes folder;

-activate the theme in XOOPS admin panel as described in one of my posts above.

cadelite
  • 2008/12/14 10:48

• cadelite

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/1/15

What is the link that you downloaded your template set?

You may first decompress the zip to a folder and use a compressor software (e.g. 7-zip) to compress all the files inside the folder into a tar.gz file. Then upload that tar.gz file in the "Template Set Manager" (The part marked with

"Choose a template set package to upload
Must be a tar.gz/.tar file with a valid XOOPS template set structure.")

Make sure that it contains XOOPS template set structure and your "uploads" folder inside XOOPS installation path is "writeable".

For a trial, you may press "Download' in the column "Action" of the row "default XOOPS Default Template Set" of the Template Set Manager of XOOPS. It will prompt you for the location for save the "default.tar.gz". Then you upload that "default.tar.gz" and name "the new template set name" as "TEST". A new set of template called "TEST" will then be created and shown. The template files of "TEST" is the same as "default".

Anonymous
  • 2008/12/14 11:17

• Anonymous

• Since:

I've read this thread a couple of times and there's no doubt in my mind that the user is referring to a THEME.

To upload a theme, unzip the file on your PC and then upload the files to the /themes folder.

Then login and select the theme in Admin> General Preferences.

Login

Who's Online

280 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 280

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits