lapsa2000
XOOPSdemos launched - - enjoy !!!!!!!!!!
  • 2008/12/1 17:31

• lapsa2000

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/10/27

Hello everybody, I want to thank the entire community of XOOPS that always helped me selflessly, I did not forget me names because of some insurance!, On this occasion I would like to present my second site in XOOPS done and I hope it will be helpful , Are invited to collaborate.

Thank you and greetings!

XOOPSdemos
Persevera...y seguiras
Perseverando !!!

trabis
Re: XOOPSdemos launched - - enjoy !!!!!!!!!!
  • 2008/12/1 18:22

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Site looks great. Poor performance, is it a server problem or due to many modules(xoops_version.php) that XOOPS have to read everytime it loads? Can you look at the timers and give me feedback?

Also, I hope you are using protector.

Another thing I wanted to ask you, please remove my modules from your server and direct downloads to google code. I have modules in google because I trust them to serve modules as I release them and I can know how many downloads they have.

Notice, if your server get hacked then people will be downloading corrupted modules.
Also, file names have been renamed. I like to have my files properly named.
Also, I believe that, giving my modules for free, the less I could have back from you is this peace of traffic and publicity income that I could get from it(if I wanted) and not you.

Of course you are free to distribute them but, in my opinion, you should contact module developers first. Best would be, developers submit their modules free willing as they do here on XOOPS.ORG

Feel free to ignore this.

lapsa2000
  • 2008/12/1 19:20

• lapsa2000

• Quite a regular

Hello ... my English is not very good, I do not understand several parts of the text, I use a translator.

1 - Yes, I use protector V3.20

2 - You want to clear your modules from my server? and link directly to your site?

As a user, often can not find the modules because the sites are closed or fallen, besides, this is not the only site where you can download modules.

3 - Before launching the site, all the developers were invited, your account is activated, your username and pass, which was sent to you by private message.

As a developer, have turned to send downloads. your modules with your descriptions

4 - The modules have their link to the page's author, if some do not, we will correct.

5 - Want part of the gain on the traffic?, I do not understand ... you are angry?

Excuse me if it committed any error, I thought it was a good idea.
Persevera...y seguiras
Perseverando !!!

trabis
  • 2008/12/1 19:40

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

2 - You want to clear your modules from my server? and link directly to your site?

Yes, I want you to link downloads to
http://code.google.com/p/xuups/downloads/list

Quote:

As a user, often can not find the modules because the sites are closed or fallen, besides, this is not the only site where you can download modules.

1- Google is unlikely to close.
2- This is the first time I saw my modules being served without my knowledge.

Quote:

3 - Before launching the site, all the developers were invited, your account is activated, your username and pass, which was sent to you by private message.

True, but I never acpected your invitation and I never submited any module there.

Quote:

As a developer, have turned to send downloads. your modules with your descriptions

4 - The modules have their link to the page's author, if some do not, we will correct.

5 - Want part of the gain on the traffic?, I do not understand ... you are angry?

Excuse me if it committed any error, I thought it was a good idea.

I notice the links and I appreciate that. As I said, I do not like the ideia of serving modules without developers permission. And I do not advise anyone to download them from your site for security reasons. It would be much better to direct users to the modules source.
As for traffic, I prefer that your users are redirect to my site for doing the download. Some times this is the only time this users get in touch with the developer. Don´t take me that.
And I think this site is a really good idea.
But just keep it as a Demo Site. Not a repository.

Thanks.
Ps: I´m not angry, not THAT angry.

lapsa2000
  • 2008/12/1 19:58

• lapsa2000

• Quite a regular

Already been modified links, we hope your cooperation on the site as a developer, to stay with the latest versions.

Thank you!
Persevera...y seguiras
Perseverando !!!

ghia
  • 2008/12/1 23:48

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

If the modules are GPL, you are free to distribute them or not.

hackbrill
  • 2008/12/2 3:34

• hackbrill

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/7/14

Thanks for the resource

Anonymous
  • 2008/12/2 8:31

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
ghia wrote:

If the modules are GPL, you are free to distribute them or not.

This is my understanding.

However, I also think think that Trabis request is reasonable and he has stated some good reasons for this.

In particular, users can find it difficult to find the latest/current release of a module when modules are downloadable from a number of different sources. The less the better in some cases

I do like the idea of a demo site though, so this site fills a gap in my view - very well done

vamptrix
  • 2008/12/2 8:57

• vamptrix

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2008/5/3 1

I understand Trabis, my own themes are distributed on many sites - and nobody ever asks permission - but I don't mind, because I allow it in the license ;)
But soon I'm releasing my new theme, In Flames, and that one will be a bit different, but still, anyone can use it and host it everywhere, but it's always nice to know where they are using your work and what they do with it, but nobody ever asks it to you - but if someone does, they can even ask me to help them :)

Kevin
I used to use this account, but no longer.

lapsa2000
  • 2008/12/5 9:37

• lapsa2000

• Quite a regular

Thank you for your comments and criticisms, however, this site tries to have the latest versions of all modules, but without the help of developers is going to be impossible.

XOOPSdemos
Persevera...y seguiras
Perseverando !!!

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits