HolyPhoenix
Video Game Site
  • 2008/11/19 20:03

• HolyPhoenix

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/11/19

Which modules would someone recommend for use in a video game site like gamespot? I am new to xoops, and haven't quite installed it, so I am not sure what extras I need.

sailjapan
Re: Video Game Site

A cursory visit to gamespot tells me that it's basically a news site. You will need content modules, of which XOOPS has many. AMS, Content, Article, News, Mastop Publish... all have various strengths and weaknesses which you're only going understand by trying them out.
One or more of those, a download module and a video playback module... Yup, XOOPS could build you a site like this.

Your biggest problem (or not) is going to be all those templates and theme files that you'll have to customize if you want it to look anything like as professional as gamespot. So, if CSS and (x)html are your forte, time to get cracking!
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

HolyPhoenix
  • 2008/11/20 4:16

• HolyPhoenix

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/11/19

Thanks! No gamespot is extremely old. They just keep it updated. It's changed so much from what started as. Theme files shouldn't be a problem. I hope. I am a beginner programmer, but themes are usually easier. I am looking at XOOPS code now to find out how easy this stuff will be.

sailjapan

Quote:
news
not "New".

Don't want to sound like an old fart, but make sure you read all the instructions twice!
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Login

Who's Online

92 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 92

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits