xoops forums

janedi

Just popping in
Posted on: 2008/11/7 19:51
janedi
janedi (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2008/11/7

www.BestSeafarers.com - Job and Social Networking Site for Seafarers.

Please... will appreciate your honest comment, suggestion and opinion on this newly created Xoop site --- bestseafarers.com

Anonymous

Posted on: 2008/11/7 20:09
Anonymous
Anonymous (Show more)
Since:

Re: www.BestSeafarers.com - Job and Social Networking Site for Seafarers.

Hi and welcome.

Good job

You wanted honest comment? From my own pov, I found the site s little too "busy".

There are a lot of adverts all over the pages and, for example, when I clicked on the Forums link I thought there must be soemthing wrong as I didn't see the Forums. I found them on a revisit way down at the bottom of the page.

I know that you'll want the advertising for income, etc, but perhaps another look at the placement of the adverts?

Content looks good, though - really nice photos

sailjapan

Posted on: 2008/11/8 3:08
sailjapan
sailjapan (Show more)
Since: 2005/11/16

Great idea for a site, but I have to agree with JAVesey. The ads distract from the content. I use an ad blocker which substitutes art works for the ads, and you wouldn't believe how colorful the site has become .
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

young

Just popping in
Posted on: 2008/11/8 9:05
young
young (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2006/1/16

the content good and theme is simple and nice but i also think that its over powered of the adv. some oppinion, you can put the ads at the side of the article coz im too lazy to scroll a long way to reach the main article (as same to others visitor). try to put the main contain as top as possible. eg. the video tube, u can put the latest forum post after the video. this will be more user friendly.

jamal29

Just popping in
Posted on: 2008/11/13 9:57
jamal29
jamal29 (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2008/11/13

good job!

abinsblaue

Just popping in
Posted on: 2008/11/13 11:00
abinsblaue
abinsblaue (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2008/10/15

yep. good work. congratulations.

design4cms

Just popping in
Posted on: 2008/11/25 23:53
design4cms
design4cms (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2008/11/19

nice work, you have done well with the theme to get the layout blocks in different places. The look of the theme could still use some work. It seems like you saved some money not using a graphics person.

i can see you built a few backlinks to help with SEO which is good and hope people are interacting with the site as it is a little cluttered and i expect it might result in a high bounce rate. are you using google analystics to check the useage?

happy xoopsing