unsinner
upgrade help
  • 2008/11/5 22:57

• unsinner

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/3/15

i am not sure how to upgrade from 2.0.18 to 2.3.0 new at this help. its hard to understand the release notes can some one guide me ?

sailjapan
Re: upgrade help

It really is just a matter of following the instructions in the read me. To the letter, I should add.

How about you writing here what you understand of the process and we'll correct you if you're wrong. In my experience, writing often helps me think logically.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

unsinner
  • 2008/11/6 1:05

• unsinner

• Just popping in

is this the one i need? for 2.0.18.1

2.0.* above 2.0.14 and 2.2.* (using the full package)

1. Move the "upgrade" folder inside the "htdocs" folder (it's been kept out as it's not needed for full installs) on your local machine

2. Delete htdocs/mainfile.php, htdocs/install/, htdocs/cache/, htdocs/extras/, htdocs/template_c/, htdocs/themes/ and htdocs/uploads/ from the "htdocs" folder on your LOCAL machine

3. Upload the content of the htdocs folder on your LOCAL machine over your existing files on your server

4. For security considerations, you are encouraged to move directories xoops_lib (for XOOPS libraries) and xoops_data (for XOOPS data) out of document root, or even change the folder names.

5. Make the directory of xoops_data/ writable; Create and make the directories of xoops_data/caches/, xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache/, xoops_data/caches/smarty_cache/ and xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/ writable.

6. Ensure the server can write to mainfile.php

7. Access <your.site.url>/upgrade/ with a browser, and follow the instructions

8. Follow the instructions to update your database

9. Write-protect mainfile.php again

10. Delete the upgrade folder from your server

11. Update the "system" module from the modules administration interface, other modules are recommended to update as well

sailjapan

That's the one.

By the way, 2.3.1 is the latest stable release, not 2.3
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

unsinner
  • 2008/11/7 1:57

• unsinner

• Just popping in

it worked great no bugs yet thx for your help !!!!

sailjapan

Excellent news. Well done!

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits