Wiwimod
  • 2008/10/23 0:28

• andri12

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/16

question has Xavier stop maintaining Wiwimod
I see it has not been update in long time
question is there any demand for a maintaint Wiwimod
as i like Wiwimod and as there has not been a update in along time i have been thinking about maintaining Wiwimod if there is a demand i may relsoe a update verson or just keap on my sever

Anonymous
Re: Wiwimod
  • 2008/10/23 7:39

• Anonymous

• Since:

Hi,

I'd support you if you wanted to update it - such a simple wiki and I much prefer it to the more complicated wikis.

Xavier got a bit cross because someone made changes to v0.8.3 and released v0.8.6 without collaborating with him.

If you do decide to take on this module it would be good ettiquette to ask Xavier if he would like to be involved. If not then you should perhaps consider releasing future updates under a different module name but keeping credits to Xavier in place.

Incidentally, even though the module is old v0.8.3 seems to work alright with XOOPS 2.3.1 - all the more reason to maintain it

Let me know if you want help with this module and I'll do what I can, although my coding skills are v rusty and I type slowly

skenow
  • 2008/10/23 16:47

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

the Wiwimod site has been down for some time and my attempts to contact the developer have not been successful. I have already made quite a bit of progress on cleaning up and stablizing the code from 0.8.3 - even got myblocksadmin updated and working in all the latest releases. You're welcome to have a look -
Wiwimod SVN

sailjapan

your link is stuffed. says
http:///?????.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/?????/modules/wiwimod/
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

skenow
  • 2008/10/23 17:30

• skenow

• Home away from home

ahh - the banned words have once again restricted access of XOOPS users to relevant resources. Substitute i m p r e s s c m s (no spaces) for the question marks.

Or try the new link

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/23 17:41

• Anonymous

• Since:

Cheers Steve

Just wondering if we (here at xoops) might need to make different changes for 2.3.x than you for the "other project"?

Having said that, starting with updated, modern code would be good for us anyway, if you don't mind additional collaborators?

skenow
  • 2008/10/23 17:59

• skenow

• Home away from home

I have already accommodated x2.3.x in my updates - in fact, I've tested in 2.0.18, 2.3.x (and both versions of the 'other') to be sure. This was meant to be used by all. Going forward, I'm not sure how easy it will be to maintain compatibility with both. I've already found some gotcha's in 2.3.x that I had to work around.

I'm open for some good collaborators, as long as we still have common ground.

andri12
  • 2008/10/23 18:26

• andri12

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/16

Quote:

the Wiwimod site has been down for some time and my attempts to contact the developer have not been successful. I have already made quite a bit of progress on cleaning up and stablizing the code from 0.8.3 - even got myblocksadmin updated and working in all the latest releases. You're welcome to have a look -
Wiwimod SVN

i had a fast look look on svn if you like any help on the module just ask i have some free time in December that i can use to work on module

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/23 18:29

• Anonymous

• Since:

I'm glad this thread was started

skenow
  • 2008/10/24 0:44

• skenow

• Home away from home

I see that Xavier's site is up again - I've made another attempt to contact with him to see the direction he wishes to follow.

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits