tedsmith
include_path error /usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear'
  • 2008/10/19 21:57

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Hi

Running Ubuntu Linux 8.04, Apache, MySQL5, PHP5 as a localhost web server (not using as a live 'real web' site). I installed the LAMP-Server architecture.

I have tested that PHP is working OK using a phpinfo.php file.

I have also got phpmyadmin working fine in /var/www/phpmyadmin

I am trying to migrate an established 2.0.X XOOPS web site to my localhost system. I have restored the MySQL database, copied all the XOOPS site files to /var/www/xoops, given write permissions to cache, templates_c and uploads, and edited mainfile.php to match the new physical and virtual paths but when I navigate to the site I get an error :

Fatal error : Failed opening '/var/www/xoops/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in Unknown on line 0

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks a lot

Ted

Mamba
Re: include_path error /usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear'
  • 2008/10/19 22:23

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Based on this thread, this could be a problem with your server or its configuration.

My guess is that the "/usr/share" was defined on your original server, but it's not on your local one. Use something like "Info Rapid Search" to find out if the "/usr/share" is somewhere hard coded in your XOOPS files or any files that you transferred from your original server.

BTW, if you google for the term, you'll find quite few hits there, and most of them are related to the server/files configurations, and are not XOOPS specific.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

tedsmith
  • 2008/10/20 19:11

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Turned out to be a permissions thing on the file - I needed to give Apache read permissions.

Cheers for your help.

Now I just need to work out why I got a blank page, and no error reporting despite enabling error reporting in every conceivable way!

Ted

Mamba
  • 2008/10/20 21:47

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

I'm glad that you found a solution!!

But I agree with you - I wish, that PHP would provide a better debug info than just a blank screen. It's very frustrating when you don't know where to start with the debugging.

Maybe some of our experts could help us with tips on how to address a totally blank screen with no errors, even if debugging is enabled.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Login

Who's Online

191 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 191

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits