RiazShahid
Xoops is over loading the server

I had been using XOOPS since last 2 years. The previous hosting company, always kept me complaining that your site is over loading our server. At last they suspended us after few months. Now we have moved to a new hosting company. They have also started same complaints that you are consuming too much server memory.
Can some one let me know, how to check where is the problem?

serial-weber
Re: Xoops is over loading the server

Hi

That is a really problem because, since more than 3 months I receive frequently this message on my XOOPS site:
Tittle on the browser
500 Internal server error

Message on the web site page:
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.

Mamba told me that the server shortened queries of my web site. I think that XOOPS community must work about this problem.

I hope that we will not be suspended by hosters because of our <<xoops site>>

See you

dslchart
  • 2008/10/17 9:15

• dslchart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2008/9/7 1

my tipps for a fast xoops

- update to the lastest XOOPS version
- use caching
- optimize your tables and clean your session table

habe fun.

RiazShahid

I am unsing no cache for any module? May it be a reason of over loading?
My server is a great company, but now they are really struggling due to our site. This issue should be realized and noted by XOOPS administration.

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/17 9:29

• Anonymous

• Since:

I certainly think that my site is quicker using XOOPS 2.3.x than 2.0.x, but perhaps that's just me looking to rose-tinted glasses

I don't use caching on my modules/blocks because I don't need to.

On the problem sites, is it a particular module or block that's causing the problem, or is it the number of quesries being run to populate the homepage?

With regard to optimising your sites, deleing cache files, etc, I would recommend trying the xoopscare module fromhttp://xoops.instant-zero.com/ - my site has been running well (I think better!) since installing it.

RiazShahid

No particular module or block. I think its number of queries which cause the problem.
I will install the said module and will share the result if it does some thing good.

kerkyra
  • 2008/10/17 9:51

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/14

never faced that kind of prob using XOOPS either on apache or unix server! perhaps you can give a list with the modules you are using and the versions as well as XOOPS version, php & mysql! If someone else has the same prob to check if you have something in common...
www.guidemap.gr - Beta is out...

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/17 9:54

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
RiazShahid wrote:

No particular module or block. I think its number of queries which cause the problem.

Perhaps a rationalisation of your homepage would help?

Less blocks = less queries = less server load = faster page rendering

Alternatively, if the contents of the blocks on the homepage don't change freqently then try caching them.

Or do all of the above

(Or find a different/better host)

RiazShahid

I checked the site. My home page shows 75 Queries, I thought it might be too much. But only smart section when opened is showing 45 Queries.
Is that OK?

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/17 10:13

• Anonymous

• Since:

Much the same as me.

Homepage:
78 Queries, 19 Blocks

SmartSection:
46 Queries, 6 Blocks

Sounds like your hosts are trying to maximise the number of accounts using the server.

I think you need to speak to them - they will probably try to get you to upgrade to a higher spec server with less users but it's worth a try.

I did this about 18 months ago and it made a huge difference. You get what you pay for, it seems.

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits