OscarRamirez
Error on accessing my Xoops Site

Hi, i´m new in this great management tool called Xoops.

I installed XOOPS on a Ubuntu 7.10, working outstanding on local form. I hadnt problems on installation. Then I registered myself on http://www.dyndns.com in order to get a dynamic ip, working just fine. The problem is when I tried to access the XOOPS page on my server from the oustide, it shows me the main page, but messy (no pictures and crowdy)...and when I tried to login it shows me an error page, as if that page doesn´t exist.

I also have installed on my server Claroline, that also use MySQL and Apache, and that application works just fine.

Another detail is that i´m trying to access the server from a pc with Windows XP, I suppose that this fact isnt the problem, but its more info.

All my directory /var/www has 777 permission (except for mainfile.php)

Another strange issue: if I try to access my server from another ubuntu server with xoops, it shows me the main page of XOOPS correctly, but when i try to login it doesnt access the remote server, instead of that the direction change to localhost, and try to access local DB....

If anyone has a clue of what am i doing wrong or what can I do to solve this problem, please help

ghia
Re: Error on accessing my Xoops Site
  • 2008/10/6 10:52

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

You have to modify your XOOPS_URL in mainfile.php, to your dyndns domain name.
Quote:
All my directory /var/www has 777 permission (except for mainfile.php)
That is not right!

OscarRamirez

Hi, well first of all thanks for answering my post, y made the change in the mainfile.php file, the line end like this:

define( 'XOOPS_URL', 'http://cetis78.dyndns.org' );

but i still have the same problem, the site viewed from an external PC looks messy and show me error when on login attempt.....

The permission to the directory is something that i changed also, thanks......i just was trying to discard a permission problem....

could u help me with a second advice please?

ghia
  • 2008/10/11 14:09

• ghia

Quote:
i just was trying to discard a permission problem....
And are there some other intructions that you have discarded? Check and read carefuly the installation instructions!

I tried to check out the site on the link provided above, but it is not working at all.

honeyword
  • 2008/10/11 14:46

• honeyword

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/28

right, I have the same problem as above.

follow ur instruction I change the line as

define( 'XOOPS_URL', 'http://192.168.0.102/xoops/htdocs' );

I could see the main page and login from intranet pc.
but there is only red cross on the icon position.

What should I do now?

thx

ghia
  • 2008/10/11 16:23

• ghia

If you had follow all instructions then you wouldn't end up with an url like /xoops/htdocs, because you where supposed to copy the CONTENT of htdocs and not htdocs itself.
But it is perfect alright to chose for an (ugly) URL like that or to run XOOPS from such an URL.

For the missing images, take a look at the URL of the image and compare it to the real place of the image in your site files and directories. Probably there is a misalignment between XOOPS_URL and XOOPS_ROOT_PATH . Both should end with the same path (eg. /xoops/htdocs).

honeyword
  • 2008/10/19 22:42

• honeyword

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/28

all goes well

thx

Login

Who's Online

489 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 489

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits