pmarket
4 column themes?
  • 2008/9/15 17:19

• pmarket

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/15

I am using girls club theme and would like to have it as a 4 column theme... Two right columns one Right-left and one Right-right. So I can add more user friendly options on the index page of Soapbox Girl I feel this would make better usage for the new wide screen monitors in usage today.
Is this possible and can the 4th column be accessed from the Admin
thanks PM

Anonymous
Re: 4 column themes?
  • 2008/9/15 17:37

• Anonymous

• Since:

As I see it, what you want is possible and there are a couple of ways to achieve it. Both involve the use of xoops' centre-right block positions (top and bottom) to mimic the size and formatting of the right column and not placing/displaying blocks in the centre or bottom-centre positions.

I'm thinking that you want:

narrow left column|w-i-d-e c-e-n-t-r-e l-e-f-t c-o-l-u-m-n|narrow centre-right column|narrow left column

You can either:

1. use your theme's .css file to set the width of the centre-right blocks (top and bottom) to the same as that of the right column, leaving the centre-left (top and bottom) blocks as variable width (as they are in most standard variable width themes), or

2. rather less elegantly, edit your theme's theme.html file to hard-code the centre-right column width and remove the code that displays the centre and bottom-centre block (so that even if a block is placed there in blocks admin it won't display.

Does this help?

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits