zuluDROOG
Blank main page after login, no access to admin
  • 2008/9/8 6:37

• zuluDROOG

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/18

I know this is an old problem but I have searched the forums, FAQs and read/tried as much as possible to fix my blank main page.

I've just re-located our website to another host, uploaded the files, set permissions 777 on cache, templates_c and upload dirs. The database imported fine. However, once the DNS had propagated the problem appeared.

Here are the symptoms:

Using XOOPS 2.0.18.1
Main page loads OK when not logged in.
Main page redirects to user.php when attempting to login (login works from this page)
Main page BLANK after logging in (or sometimes "Internal Server Error")
CAN access all other pages (ie: user.php, etc)
CANNOT access admin.php (the message I get is "This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed." but pressing Submit simply displays this message again).

I get no obvious errors in debug mode when viewing other pages. I get NO debug information from the main page.

Someone please help - it's my wife's website and she won't cook me dinner until it's working.

Getting hungry. Thanks!

Mamba
Re: Blank main page after login, no access to admin
  • 2008/9/8 7:44

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Try to upgrade to 2.0.18.2 and see if this makes a difference.
Also, what PHP do you have?
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Runeher
  • 2008/9/8 7:47

• Runeher

• Module Developer

• Since: 2008/1/24

Anonymous
  • 2008/9/8 10:23

• Anonymous

• Since:

If Ruhner's solution doesn't work then delete adminmenu.php from your/cache directory as it may be corrupt.

Log in and you will get the "Is this your first time....." message. Click on "Yes" and this will regenerate adminmenu.php

zuluDROOG
  • 2008/9/8 11:21

• zuluDROOG

• Just popping in

Mamba, I'm using PHP v4.4.8. Upgrading to XOOPS v2.0.18.2 doesn't help.

Runeher, I've had this problem once before and your suggestion was the one that worked for me then. But it didn't work a second time. Hehehe...

JAVesey, I've killed EVERYTHING in the cache dir and still no joy.

I'm wondering if file attributes are the problem. I have shoutbox installed and even that fails to work when trying to write to the csv file (even if I chmod the file and the dir 777).

zuluDROOG
  • 2008/9/14 16:18

• zuluDROOG

• Just popping in

Just a follow-up FYI:

I was unable to fix either the blank page or admin access problem. I eventually did a fresh install of XOOPS 2.0.18.1, installed all of the modules and manually copied the tables into the new database.

One thing I did notice... it's not advisable to copy anything but the module-specific tables because I got errors most times when I tried to copy a XOOPS core table (ie: comments, templates, etc) and had to revert to one of the incremental backups I was creating along the way.

Hope this helps someone.

On another note, I've just discovered that our new host is unable to accommodate us by creating a PHP.INI for virtual hosts. So NOW it looks like we're moving the bleeding site AGAIN. I'll create another thread in a more appropriate area asking for hosting advice.

Thanks to everyone for their help!

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits