misheck
modules installation
  • 2008/9/5 19:31

• misheck

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/8/30

I have been looking for docs to install the community pack module but the only one I am finding say add the modules to the modules folder but a when you go there and paste it there you cannot find the module. My module folder is located in C://Xoops/htcdocs/modules. The only module I have on my site is the system one located in C://Xoops/htcdocs/modules/system and thats where I have pasted the new module I have downloaded in that folder. Can anyone help with the installion for the modules. I am using windows 2003 and IIS server

ghia
Re: modules installation
  • 2008/9/5 20:57

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

So, you have besides C://Xoops/htcdocs/modules/system also an C://Xoops/htcdocs/modules/new_module (don't know the name from this community pack module). Make sure that directory has the same permissions in IIS as directory system. You find more info in the FAQ's.

lifeon
  • 2008/9/6 3:36

• lifeon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/9/6 0

i dont got it pls can u explain more ? how can we use more than one module on the same time step by step pl
sss

ghia
  • 2008/9/6 8:01

• ghia

Unpack the zip file to a temporary directory eg c:\pack\ . (Make sure use Use folder names is set.)
Copy everything IN c:\pack\Community_Pack2.0\XOOPS_ROOT to C://Xoops/htcdocs/.
Go to admin - modules administration and install the modules.

misheck
  • 2008/9/6 8:07

• misheck

• Just popping in

The folder inherits the same permissions from the parent folder. The XOOPS wiki document says you should place the modules into the module folder which is what I have done but it aslo say you will need to copy some of the files to their respective places after unpacking the module. Here is where I have got the module pack xoops modules. So when I log onto the website using admin details I look for the modules but there is nothing.

Is there another folder besides the C://Xoops/htcdocs/modules.

I will try what Ghia said, place it in the C://Xoops/htcdocs and see if I can locate it.

lifeon
  • 2008/9/6 17:25

• lifeon

• Just popping in

i will try that ty very much if it doesnt work ill disturb you againe )lol) im so sorry

misheck
  • 2008/9/6 19:16

• misheck

• Just popping in

Thanks to everyone I realised what you meant. I unpacked the modules into a folder then opened the modules folder and copied and pasted all the contents of the folder into the modules folder as directed by ghia. Its worked fine.

lifeon
  • 2008/9/7 1:36

• lifeon

• Just popping in

WELL TY VERY MUCH MY FRIEND THAT WAS GREAT IT WORKS
BUT I GOT AN OTHER PROBLEM IN HERE IF U CAN HEL THAT WILL BE GREAT .
SO I TRYED TO INSTAL THE NEWS MODULE BUT IT DONT WORK IT GIVE ME THIS ERROR (Unable to install news. Error(s):
Table 'R91qX_stories' already exists)
PLS WHAT DO I HAVE GOT TO DO ? TY

ghia
  • 2008/9/7 20:47

• ghia

It appears that you have had a News installation, but did/got not remove/d it in the correct way with the uninstall function of modules admin, so the tables were not removed from the database.
Goto phpmyadmin and drop the following tables: xoops_stories, xoops_stories_files, xoops_topics and xoops_stories_votedata. (xoops_ is the prefix and may differ for your database) Install the module.
(Of course all info in these tables will be lost, so make always a backup to start.)

NB Before installing you may check the version of News and download the latest 1.62 .

PS: DON'T SHOUT (Except for your first line )

Login

Who's Online

419 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 419

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits